No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sources: Poonsawat Reportedly Tests Positive For HIV

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brickcityboxing View Post
    It is ridiculously difficult for a heterosexual male to catch the virus from having unprotected ******* sex. Chances are like less than 3% either he took the Hershey highway or something else was going on.

Not sure where you got that number from. You are probably calculating the total amount of people who are infected, and then the odds of getting it from the infected person. but in SE Asia where the infected population is much higher its alot more probable than 3%.

That said, according to http://www.livestrong.com/article/11...-contract-hiv/

The chances of acquiring HIV via **** sex are about 70 percent.

AIDS.org notes that there is a 62 to 66 percent probability of contracting HIV via unprotected ******* sex.

AIDS.org estimates that there is a 30 percent chance of getting HIV via intravenous drug use if syringes are shared.

The chances of getting HIV from oral sex is less than 5 percent, according to the University of California, San Francisco.

The Mayo Clinic warns that contact with infected blood carries a high probability of HIV infection. Nevertheless, Avert points out that advances in disease screening and testing have reduced the likelihood of this happening to less than 5 percent.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention notes that there is a very low likelihood of getting HIV via contact sports. The risk of infection occurs only if athletes sustain wounds that are not immediately treated. This provides an opportunity for blood transfer between infected and non-infected athletes.
    Last edited by MikeRo1972; 12-13-2012, 05:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pigsfly View Post
      could be.........but i bet it's most likely a fast woman he was messing with. thailand is the land of women.........but who knows. could be a man.
      previous reports said that poon suffers from Thalassemia

people suffering from Thalassemia need frequent blood transfusions . maybe they accidently infected him with HIV

Comment

Originally posted by paypayvay View Post
        previous reports said that poon suffers from Thalassemia

people suffering from Thalassemia need frequent blood transfusions . maybe they accidently infected him with HIV
        I dont think they test the blood just match blood type because when you get a blood transfusion you have to sign a waiver and that waiver says you might contact hiv or whatnot. at least here in the united states.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
          Maybe PEDs gave him HIV?

Like, maybe he was increasing his 'roid dosage this cycle because the fight is so significant, but his testosterone skyrocketed, causing him to become too alpha. Then maybe the only cure to bring his T level down before the blood tests was to have an ungodly amount of sex with cheap prostitutes, leading to him catching teh AIDS in an effort to conceal his PED usage.

It seriously wouldn't surprise me if some of the teenaged NSB "PED experts" thought this was a good post.
          He actually could have gotten aids from using blood transfusions to boost performance.

Comment

Wow awful news. Let's not speculate on how he got it, that's disrespectful.

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
            poonswats previous opponents better go get tested asap, sparring partners too!!!
            Damn right.

Comment

Sad to hear this.

Comment

Originally posted by kokingbill View Post
                A buddy of mine in the army said there's a lot if trannies in Thai land that are hookers...he must have been visiting some places of of ill repute.
                I've went last year, you don't even have to go to places of 'ill repute' you just need to like to party and chances are there will be prostitutes and trannies there.

There are a select few places that are off limits to thai street workers to party but places like Phuket, Bangkok, Chang Mai etc there are loads of them. Me and my mate just tended to steer clear of thai women in general just in case. There are plenty of western girls that go to Thailand just to drink.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2N3dI-j6enA

You've got aids.

Comment

wow! this is not good... to those speculating about getting it by PEDs, dam*n you guys are sick! Give the guy a break...

I'm just curious that if this need to go in public, this is a sensitive issue and will give more burden to the victim...

Comment

• too bad, i was hoping to see rigo tested, poonsawat is a legit contender. wish him all the best

Comment

Working...
                      X