Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think we can all agree, Pacquiao got exposed as an B class fighter...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a dumb thread. I cant work out why the Floydiots are getting a boner over this.

Comment

Worst thread today...

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Jay View Post
        So what about when Marquez fought Freddie Norwood?

I like Marquez. I definitely think he's the best Mexican boxer fighting today.

But no need to play up Pacquiao in order to make Marquez seem like more.

Pacquiao was always a limited fighter with tons of energy and determination. He's said so himself. He said he just was determined to fight his way out of poverty. And that's great in itself.

Marquez was always the technically superior boxer, but this need to say that Pacquiao is more than a B level boxer is ridiculous.

Wins do not dictate what level of boxer you are. That's like saying that Mayorga is an A level boxer because he knocked out Vernon Forrest. We all know that he wasn't.

Pacquiao's run at WW and jrMW was ALWAYS marred by the fact that all of his opponents were either coming off losses or losses followed by meaningless tune ups. Some were weight drained so that their legs couldn't keep up with the fast and nimble Pacquiao.

We all saw that once Emmanuel was willing to fight a guy that could move AND box, he got outclassed. We didn't see it just once. We saw it three times in a row! First against Marquez in the 3rd fight, then Bradley, then in the KO loss to Marquez.

Seeing is believing.

But some here feel the need to make excuses. Some claim Manny is passed prime. If that's so, then why aren't his fans and his coach calling for him to retire?

You can't have it both ways.

If Emmanuel isn't done like Roach says, then that means that they still feel like he's got the stuff to win. If that's true, then why all the bull**** about him losing steps and being passed prime?

If Emmanuel can get a guy like Victor Ortiz to be stupid enough to make a mannyweight of 142, then Pacquiao will look like "the old Manny" and his fans can go get the band back together again.

Marquez IMO won all three fights prior, but don't be desperate.

We've seen Marquez get tested against worse competition like Katsidis, so don't go getting indignant.
        Ok, Pac's a B class fighter that gave Marquez and Barrera hell.....what a tool.

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Jay View Post
          I respectfully disagree.

There is nothing reckless about trying to steal a round by ending it on a high note. Manny has been doing that for years.

As far as the timing being lucky, I disagree here as well. If you actually watch the fight, you will see Manny getting his feet set to spring forward and you will see Marquez moving and leaning to his right. Manny missed the jab and at the same exact time Marquez fired off a counter right hand.

How is that luck?

Mayweather does it all the time.

Sergio Martinez caught Paul Williams with a shot just like this one. Was that luck? Marquez did something similar to Juan Diaz to finish him.

Marquez has always had masterful timing. Why now attribute it to "luck"?

Is it because it had to be because Pacquiao was the one getting caught by it?

That's not being straight up and honest.
          that's why i had the "luck" in quotes so as not to be taken literally

the fact that it all happened within a second before the bell make it very intriguing

Comment

Boxing fans are so fickle. How does this ranking system work?

Comment

Originally posted by Dan-O-Mac View Post
              Boxing fans are so fickle. How does this ranking system work?
              Quite simple really...

Comment

Originally posted by Pretty Boy32 View Post
                I mean lets face it,
                The man has no plan B, Whether is game plan was to stay on the outside to try avoid getting countered it didn't work for him.

He got reckless and wild, and got knocked the fuck out.

Reckon its time he hung em' up, two straight losses, fu
                ck outta here...
                Thats extremely unfair. You don't have 4 competitive fights with one of the best boxers of your generation being a B level fighter...

Comment

Originally posted by Pretty Boy32 View Post
                  I mean lets face it,
                  The man has no plan B, Whether is game plan was to stay on the outside to try avoid getting countered it didn't work for him.

He got reckless and wild, and got knocked the fuck out.

Reckon its time he hung em' up, two straight losses, fu
                  ck outta here...

so Juan Manuel Marquez dedicated his whole life and trained like a demon possessed just to beat a B Class fighter?

You know **** about boxing

Comment

Originally posted by miron_lang View Post
                    so Juan Manuel Marquez dedicated his whole life and trained like a demon possessed just to beat a B Class fighter?

You know **** about boxing
                    It'll be fun when Mayweather finally sparked. His time'll come. Don't worry. Or, actually, maybe it won't. We might only ever see him in against guys like Guerrero from now on.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaos Theory
                      So duran got exposed as an B class fighter since he was ktfo by hearns....
                      Jones got exposed as a b class fighter when he got ktfo by tarver. then he got exposed as a c class fighter when he got ktfo by Johnson.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Working...
                      X