Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Andre Ward's style is a nightmare for ANYONE. He is the next P4P #1.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by check hook View Post
    Nah, he's got ages to go. In the context of p4p FMJ, MP, Donaire, Martinez and a host of others are better.
    Someone talking sense. Ward is a fantastic fighter but I don't think he's anything like scintillating to be honest. He has the talent to move up the rankings but people suggesting that his talent is on par with Floyd's is simply laughable. There is no other word for it.

Comment

Defintely too early to be talking about ward as the next #P4P king (even though the ranking is bull**** anyway). He does show all the signs though, his defence, accuracy and movement may not be up to Floyds yet but I haven't seen anyone come so close to that kind of perfection so we should just watch how his next few fights pan out. Preferably getting a convincing win over Bute and seeing what comes next.

Comment

Originally posted by stefl14 View Post
        I don't know why but when I watch Mayweather I can appreciate his skills a lot more. To me, Ward is a lot more boring than Mayweather. Mayweather can be putting on a clinic and landing hard combinations like he was starting to do with Ortiz but Ward just strikes me as an efficient fighter who will never have anyone in danger at the top level.
        I can agree with this. That's partly why I can appreciate Ward more though. He doesn't possess any significant physical advantage over his opponents. His speed's good but it's not blistering. He wins because he's smarter than his opponents, he out thinks them and adjusts to beat them.

Comment

Originally posted by Lostlinka View Post
          Defintely too early to be talking about ward as the next #P4P king (even though the ranking is bull**** anyway). He does show all the signs though, his defence, accuracy and movement may not be up to Floyds yet but I haven't seen anyone come so close to that kind of perfection so we should just watch how his next few fights pan out. Preferably getting a convincing win over Bute and seeing what comes next.
          Agree with these points for the most part. On the third point, I think that Dawson looked just as good or better before Pascal got to him. I'm not saying I think Ward will fade like Dawson because I think he has more heart and is more proven. However, I do think that we need to wait before declaring him a great and a pound for pound king!

Comment

Originally posted by It's Ovah View Post
            I can agree with this. That's partly why I can appreciate Ward more though. He doesn't possess any significant physical advantage over his opponents. His speed's good but it's not blistering. He wins because he's smarter than his opponents, he out thinks them and adjusts to beat them.
            These are fair points. Don't get me wrong, I like Ward. He is humble, skilful and dedicated, but I am never amazed with him like I am with Mayweather or the Roy Jones of the past. I like Wards personality so I hope he continues to do well and that's all I've got to say!

Comment

On the third point, I think that Dawson looked just as good or better before Pascal got to him. I'm not saying I think Ward will fade like Dawson because I think he has more heart and is more proven. However, I do think that we need to wait before declaring him a great and a pound for pound king!
              Totally agree with you. What impressed me most about Wards performance was that he never looked out of control. Even though some rounds were low on action, he just exhuded this quality that only a few fighters show. To keep it up for a grueling 12 rounds was very impressive, but yes, watch and wait...

Comment

I don't know about this but Ward is an excellent fighter!

Comment

I do agree that he's not yet Mayweather-level.

He's a tremendous fighter and does everything well, but he's got a long way to go before those comparisons hold any real weight. He's rolled through a number of top fighters in the past couple years with relative ease and he's showed nothing but brilliance in doing so. He's definietly a P4P fighter, but Mayweather has been doing those things for 15 years.

Comment

There are people saying Ward is on par with Mayweather which is laughable and they say he should be knocking on the door and maybe overtake him pound for pound. If that's not ridiculous then I don't know what is.
                    People recognise his skill level. It all depends on what Floyd and Andre do within the next year. If Ward beats Bute and a top 3 LHW and Floyd does not fight Pacman or Martinez. Then it will be difficult for Floyd to be ranked above Ward.

It's all hypothetical but that's how i see it.

Comment

These are fair points. Don't get me wrong, I like Ward. He is humble, skilful and dedicated, but I am never amazed with him like I am with Mayweather or the Roy Jones of the past. I like Wards personality so I hope he continues to do well and that's all I've got to say!
                      Yeah I can get behind that.

Comment

Working...
                      X