No announcement yet.

Highest James Toney Has Been P4P

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Highest James Toney Has Been P4P

I was watching some of his fights like the barkley and nunn fights and he looked close to unstopplable in the barkley fight but i was just wondering how high has he been ranked P4P

I'm pretty sure he was as high as 2 or 3 in the early 90's, before his loss to Jones of course.

Comment

He was as high as 2 or 3 before Jones as Gringo said, but he was also recognised as having a claim to the no.1 spot.

Comment

He was rated #2 for 11 months before he lost to Jones.

Comment

thanks for the answers ive been needing to know this

Comment

Originally posted by squewon234 View Post
            I was watching some of his fights like the barkley and nunn fights and he looked close to unstopplable in the barkley fight but i was just wondering how high has he been ranked P4P
            He was number one right before he lost to Roy Jones

Comment

Originally posted by squewon234 View Post
              KO Magazine had him rated number one after ko'ing Prince Charles Williams

Comment

Originally posted by 1SILVA View Post
                He was number one right before he lost to Roy Jones
                I am going by Ring Magazine and they had him rated #2 for 11 months before he lost to Jones.

Comment

Did Naseem Hamed ever figure very high p4p wise?

Comment

Originally posted by hhascup View Post
                    I am going by Ring Magazine and they had him rated #2 for 11 months before he lost to Jones.
                    Yes, I believe they had Whitaker number 1. Right before he fought Jones, he was on the cover of KO Magazine with the headline proclaiming Toney as the new P4P #1 fighter in the world.

Comment

Working...
                    X