Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition

Old 12-09-2006, 12:54 PM #1
Contender

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Samuel F. has a reputation beyond reputeSamuel F. has a reputation beyond reputeSamuel F. has a reputation beyond reputeSamuel F. has a reputation beyond reputeSamuel F. has a reputation beyond reputeSamuel F. has a reputation beyond reputeSamuel F. has a reputation beyond reputeSamuel F. has a reputation beyond reputeSamuel F. has a reputation beyond reputeSamuel F. has a reputation beyond reputeSamuel F. has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 59,078.95
Default My second sparring session

I REALLY don't feel like typing to much. So I won't get into to much detail. (BTW i've been to the gym a little over a month now.) First I sparred a new kid at the gym(5'3 145 pounds). Well he started crying at the end of the first round and quit, but it was more out of frustration rather than pain. Then second I sparred another new guy but hes skinny, 19 years old, 5'10 and about my weight (135).
I made this thread to ask a few questions. When I was fighting the skinny guy I noticed that four or times a round when he threw a jab, i'd try to slip it hop to the inside, give a one two, maybe a hook to the ribs and then hop out before he could counter. Just so you know I wasn't succesful everytime when I did this, I still came home with a very sore nose.... But does every begginer do this, or am I starting to develope a little bit of my own style? Is this a good stragedy?
Samuel F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 12-09-2006, 03:30 PM #2
Undisputed Champion

kryo has a reputation beyond reputekryo has a reputation beyond reputekryo has a reputation beyond reputekryo has a reputation beyond reputekryo has a reputation beyond reputekryo has a reputation beyond reputekryo has a reputation beyond reputekryo has a reputation beyond reputekryo has a reputation beyond reputekryo has a reputation beyond reputekryo has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 569,532.27
Total Points: 605,612.38

I'm 5'10 and around 135lbs as well :] But yeah, I'm not going to lie, if you perfect this technique .. or game plan I guess, you'll dominate "us". How tall are you? If you're significantly shorter then this guy and he's not very well on the inside (because of his longer arms) then why not just stay on the inside and work his body some more? I'm telling you, even if the guy doesn't admit it, body shots.. especially to the ribs (which happen to be very exposed at 5'10 and 135lbs) hurt alot more then most face shots. Rip those hooks!
kryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 05:09 PM #3
Contender

Samuel F. has a reputation beyond reputeSamuel F. has a reputation beyond reputeSamuel F. has a reputation beyond reputeSamuel F. has a reputation beyond reputeSamuel F. has a reputation beyond reputeSamuel F. has a reputation beyond reputeSamuel F. has a reputation beyond reputeSamuel F. has a reputation beyond reputeSamuel F. has a reputation beyond reputeSamuel F. has a reputation beyond reputeSamuel F. has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 59,078.95

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryo View Post
I'm 5'10 and around 135lbs as well :] But yeah, I'm not going to lie, if you perfect this technique .. or game plan I guess, you'll dominate "us". How tall are you? If you're significantly shorter then this guy and he's not very well on the inside (because of his longer arms) then why not just stay on the inside and work his body some more? I'm telling you, even if the guy doesn't admit it, body shots.. especially to the ribs (which happen to be very exposed at 5'10 and 135lbs) hurt alot more then most face shots. Rip those hooks!
Im 5'4. I guess since it was only my second real sparring session, im still kinda hesitant about being hit in the face and stuff so I just wanted to get out of there. When I spar him again I will definitely be doing body shots. Thanks!
Samuel F. is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

User Tag List