Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you think Rob Brant will do in the WBSS tournament?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's got a good trainer and has been sparring with Errol Spence and Jermell Charlo.

I'm hoping he can pull off an upset or two.

Comment

He should get through Brähmer

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
        Ah that'd make sense.
        You summed up my thoughts on Smith perfectly though I feel he possibly fights a bit up and down to competition level at times and seems to drift off midway through fights. He's a problem just as long as he can safely make the weight IMO
        He's the biggest smw I've ever seen he'd even be a gigantic LHW, he's huge.
        I had him as a favourite more due to his size and physicality than anything else at the start I think I still favour him but I'm definitely not quite as confident as I was though Skoglund was a lot better than I originally gave him credit for.
        Yeah, that is where I am at with him too. Sometimes you watch Sky Sports for example and you honestly think you must be missing something. I get that they have to sell a product though. That is the good thing about this tournament is that they are all put on an equal footing. There shouldn't be any desirable outcomes although I'd imagine ITV are desperate for Groves to lay Jamie Cox to waste.

I only watched the last 5 rounds of the Skoglund fight and wasn't motivated to watch the previous 7. Although I understand he came through a bit of a test and he looked pretty banged up. His competition has been stepped up quite a bit that I can't have him as a favorite.

I am trying to remember when I thought Smith blew me away I think it was probably Fielding and then that French lad Mohamedi that Degale hasd some issues with (that said James is having issues with a lot of fighters, he's had a tough career imo). I know nothing about the yank but what you said makes sense if he has looked average, if he had real talent I think we'd all know him on here.

I do think Braehmer is a fossil but I didn't think he looked that bad against Cleverly. His left-hand was working well. And then he inexplicably swallowed it. Absolute quit job.

Comment

First fight is for sure winnable. I got him at about 30/70 to beat Callum in the semi's off of seeing his previous work, but super curious to see how he looks in his first fight which is a nice step up for him before feeling super strong about that 30/70 cuz Callum looked highly beatable in his first round fight & I've not really understood all his hype by some fans at all.

I think unless he's some Ward caliber guy who's been undercover thus far doe he's losing to Eubank Jr in the finals, but if Groves gets to the finals & Brant has showed us some impressive sh^t in previous rounds he might have a good shot to take it.

But realistically I think his likely out in the semi's.

Comment

Working...
          X