Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was GGG instructed to not go to the body

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People will say that he was 'afraid' to get countered but that's BS, it's one of GGG's main focus and he oddly abandoned it. When Canelo was fatigued on the ropes it would have been the best thing to do but GGG was hesitant in general. Huge tactical mistake from his part.

Comment

Canelo's punches trained him not to bother.

Comment

if they fight again I would advise GGG to kill the body.

Comment

Originally posted by Bardock View Post
          He was scared to get countered up stairs. He knew he would get countered every time
          It ain't rocket science he was scared to get countered by canelo so abandoned body shots.

Comment

Originally posted by kedashy View Post
            Was there a backdoor deal put in place we didn't know about?

GGG throwed 3 body shots to Canelo body in which we all know that's one of his trademark punches...

Any thoughts?
            Was GGG instructed to not go to the body

May be

Was there a backdoor deal put in place we didn't know about?

Unlikely

I watched the fight already knowing he didn't go to the body. Noticed just one time he lost a moment to punch to the liver. All other time he was not in the range for body attacks. So it was the tactics, I believe..
            Last edited by djif; 09-17-2017, 01:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PunchMeIDareYou View Post
              Wtf is "throwed"?
              In the dictionary it states. "Throwed" a dyslexic humanoids version of threw lol

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
                People will say that he was 'afraid' to get countered but that's BS, it's one of GGG's main focus and he oddly abandoned it. When Canelo was fatigued on the ropes it would have been the best thing to do but GGG was hesitant in general. Huge tactical mistake from his part.
                I think he was told/ put off the idea once multimillion dollar rematch talks started

Comment

it's like saying why did GGG throw that looping right hand when he was getting countered all night. he didn't care and kept throwing it.

he could've thrown body shots but he purposely abandoned it.

Comment

It's called tactics, GGG knew Canelo would try an counter him if he went to the body and given Canelo's superior hand speed it was a legit concern. GGG did attempt some body shots later on in the fight when Canelo was visibly tired

Comment

People make it look like it's easy.
                      I've seen and heard trainers scream and yell, "Go to the body, go to the body!"
                      Of course, it never happens.

Comment

Working...
                      X