No announcement yet.

Philippine-American War ( 1899-1904)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
    What's up with Duterte and philippine military?

I know the Philippine military is pro us and don't like Duterte pro china views?

I read during the stuff down south with maute/isis, the military brought in us troops but Duterte never approved it/knew?
    He didn't approve of Military assistance in the engagement between Government forces and maute/isis to avoid foreign military deaths that might shook the relationship between the Phil and the Us but he did approve of material assistance.

That's what I heard I think.

Comment

Yawn....Bad **** happens in war and every nation/race/religion on earth has committed war crimes/atrocities...

Look what the Japanese Army did to the Philippines in WW2 just 40 years after this occurred....10x's worse than this...

Comment

Originally posted by kadyo's View Post
        Malamang dahil sa SONA ni manong digong.
        ganun na nga prof. hehe

I was trying to reply in one of the threads i posted on last week. some minutes got wasted before i realize that the thread was locked.

Things happens randomly
        Last edited by miron_lang; 07-30-2017, 08:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by animalfan10 View Post
          Yawn....Bad **** happens in war and every nation/race/religion on earth has committed war crimes/atrocities...

Look what the Japanese Army did to the Philippines in WW2 just 40 years after this occurred....10x's worse than this...
          I am interested on where you based this on

link pls if you have it. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by miron_lang View Post
            I am interested on where you based this on

link pls if you have it. Thanks
            From what my pops told me the koreans were worst than the japs.
            A lot of the atrocities were by the koreans.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
              I believe that war caused the US military to abandon the .38 cal side arm, as it lacked the stopping power needed to drop an angry Filipino with a machete. The .45 colt was the solution, many a Filipino freedom fighter felt the added stopping power of that round.
              No gun is strong enough when a mofo is charging u with a big ass bolo machete.

The legend of the. 45 was born because of the war though. Not sure how true.

Truth is I read they took out big bore rifles out storage and carried shotguns more to deal with charging filipinos.

Much more effective than a .45 pistol. .45 long colt or .45 acp.

Comment

No gun is strong enough when a mofo is charging u with a big ass bolo machete.

The legend of the. 45 was born because of the war though. Not sure how true.

Truth is I read they took out big bore rifles out storage and carried shotguns more to deal with charging filipinos.

Much more effective than a .45 pistol. .45 long colt or .45 acp.
                Yeah, I like big bore rifles, miss my HK91 badly. Japan, so I can't enjoy blasting ****. I always wanted a 50 cal rifle. Best I can get here in a pistol or rifle that shoots little plastic balls.

Comment

From what my pops told me the koreans were worst than the japs.
                  A lot of the atrocities were by the koreans.
                  My uncle Mike, served in Korea, combat! He told me he ****ing hates Chinese soldiers the most.., he fought and killed plenty of Chinese at Inchon. He got the bronze star, two Purple Hearts, but hated the Chinese. He said that they were like ants, you'd kill a few, then the other Chinese would just step/crawl over the dead or wounded and kept coming. He passed away, and his wife wants me to pick up his M1, and other items he used in Korea.

Comment

Working...
                  X