Manny Pacquiao's underrated resume

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ghost94 View Post
    Okay, who did he weight drain?

Why wasn't Cotto weight drained when he weighed himself in at 146 against Clottey 6 months earlier without a clause to do so?

Margarito was allowed to weigh more because his last fight he weighed 8 more pounds than Cotto did.

And you're mocking the idea that a guy who's had less than a 1/4 of his fights at welterweight, never had a height or reach advantage, always punching upwards against a bigger man isn't a natural welterweight.

If he's such a natural welterweight why didn't anyone say Marquez weight drained him and made him come down to 144 to make a catchweight for their 3rd fight? Marquez was fighting down at 134 and 138 in his fights prior to Marquez Pacquiao III. That fight wasn't being made without a catchweight and Pacquiao, the A-side came down and nobody said he was weight drained and rightfully so because Manny Pacquiao isn't a natural welterweight, everyone knows he's not and anyone he fights at 147 is going to be bigger than him.

But then to paint what he did with catchweights as this great terror in the division and compare him to Canelo isn't right either because the only reason why Cotto and Margarito signed a catchweight clause is because they thought they could impose their size on him and use the size advantage even with a catchweight clause and beat him and they still couldn't, because Cotto was only coming down 1 pound.

When Canelo was making catchweights it was against smaller fighters so that he could impose himself as the bigger man, he wasn't weight draining anybody. He made Mosley come up from welterweight and made Cotto and Khan come up to the 155-160 middleweight limit. Canelo was a middleweight then fighting smaller fighters at a catchweight.
    think about it without being a fan. pac didnt/WOULDNT fight cotto without that piece of paper.

he went on to fight everyone else at ww (fought margarito above ww).....minus that piece of paper. has he ever spoken about fighting cotto at ww or above ? nope.

wgaf what margarito weighed when he fought cotto ?!?!? i dont get the connection other than pac not wanting to risk fighting a cotto without a clause....and the kicker is, they were for COTTOS TITLES thats some true a side shlt right there.

fights between cotto -ww days to the pac fight = 8
    fights between pacs -ww days and his jmm 3 fight = 3 (cotto was '09. fought jmm 3rd time '11. i was unaware jmm claused pac. link ?)

the thing with pac is no one calls him on ANYTHING negative.

8 div this
    ATG resume that
    horn is a risk

fncking ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by Elroy The Great View Post
      think about it without being a fan. pac didnt/WOULDNT fight cotto without that piece of paper.

he went on to fight everyone else at ww (fought margarito above ww).....minus that piece of paper. has he ever spoken about fighting cotto at ww or above ? nope.

wgaf what margarito weighed when he fought cotto ?!?!? i dont get the connection other than pac not wanting to risk fighting a cotto without a clause....and the kicker is, they were for COTTOS TITLES thats some true a side shlt right there.

fights between cotto -ww days to the pac fight = 8
      fights between pacs -ww days and his jmm 3 fight = 3 (cotto was '09. fought jmm 3rd time '11. i was unaware jmm claused pac. link ?)

the thing with pac is no one calls him on ANYTHING negative.

8 div this
      ATG resume that
      horn is a risk

fncking ridiculous.
      I'm a fan of Pacquiao and Cotto, that piece of paper was because Pacquiao hadn't ever fought over 142. We didn't hear Pacquiao talk about Cotto again because he destroyed him in a showcase with speed and power that had again, nothing to do with weight draining because Cotto only came down 1 pound and immedietly after that fight, 6 months later Cotto went up to super welterweight and won the WBA Title from Yuri Foreman. Was Manny supposed to go all the way up to at least 148 and challenge Cotto for his super welterweight title? Or risk getting called a bigger weight drainer and have him come down 6 pounds to make welterweight again for a rematch?

And Manny weighed 144 against a 150 pound Margarito, he was still the smaller man, you could maybe make the argument that Pacquiao weight drained someone if he made a catchweight of 150, made 150 and made the other guy drain 4 pounds, but he didn't even do that, he came in 6 pounds under the catchweight. When people say Canelo drained Chavez, he not only made him come down to 164, Canelo weighed in at 164, not 158 or something.

Also I'm not talking about what Margarito weighed when he fought Cotto. I answered your question when you asked "Why was Margarito allowed to weigh more than Cotto?" and said it's because Margarito weighed 8 more pounds than Cotto, so they're not going to have the same catchweight. Manny asked Cotto to come down 1 pound from his previous fight, he wasn't going to ask Margarito to come down 9 pounds from his previous fight.

In Marquez Pacquiao III I don't know who made the clause, but I know both fighters agreed to a 144 catchweight and nobody said anything about Pacquiao being a natural welterweight and having to come down 1 single pound from his previous weigh-in and being weight drained like they do with Cotto.

http://www.boxingscene.com/photos-we...dercard--45943

Comment

Originally posted by boxinggod101 View Post
        Hatton got fd up Malignanni? Right there proves u dont know sh#t
        Haha his hate is clouding his mind.

Comment

Originally posted by pasawayako View Post
          Haha his hate is clouding his mind.
          People who hate Manny will never give him credit. For anything. They're just not gonna do it. They wouldn't be caught dead doing it. Haters of Floyd do the same thing. I used to wanna go back and forth with them but I'm starting to FINALLY learn that there's zero f**king point. It's like arguing politics between a democrat and republican. It's f**king pointless. The hatred is so strong with some of these people that it's really f**king funny, to be honest. There's not a single fighter in the sport that I dislike with the level of passion that some of these posters do with Manny. Floyd too, of course. Not even f**king close. Go back as deep as you can into my post history and you'll never find my ass trying to discredit a fighter the way some of these cats do. I mean for f**k's sake, man. It's a f**king sport. It's entertainment at the end of the day. I ain't about to pour the level of effort that some of these motherf**kers do disliking some guy I don't even know personally, lol. And will never ever meet for that matter. It's f**king weird, man.

Comment

Originally posted by ghost94 View Post
            I'm a fan of Pacquiao and Cotto, that piece of paper was because Pacquiao hadn't ever fought over 142. We didn't hear Pacquiao talk about Cotto again because he destroyed him in a showcase with speed and power that had again, nothing to do with weight draining because Cotto only came down 1 pound and immedietly after that fight, 6 months later Cotto went up to super welterweight and won the WBA Title from Yuri Foreman. Was Manny supposed to go all the way up to at least 148 and challenge Cotto for his super welterweight title? Or risk getting called a bigger weight drainer and have him come down 6 pounds to make welterweight again for a rematch?

And Manny weighed 144 against a 150 pound Margarito, he was still the smaller man, you could maybe make the argument that Pacquiao weight drained someone if he made a catchweight of 150, made 150 and made the other guy drain 4 pounds, but he didn't even do that, he came in 6 pounds under the catchweight. When people say Canelo drained Chavez, he not only made him come down to 164, Canelo weighed in at 164, not 158 or something.

Also I'm not talking about what Margarito weighed when he fought Cotto. I answered your question when you asked "Why was Margarito allowed to weigh more than Cotto?" and said it's because Margarito weighed 8 more pounds than Cotto, so they're not going to have the same catchweight. Manny asked Cotto to come down 1 pound from his previous fight, he wasn't going to ask Margarito to come down 9 pounds from his previous fight.

In Marquez Pacquiao III I don't know who made the clause, but I know both fighters agreed to a 144 catchweight and nobody said anything about Pacquiao being a natural welterweight and having to come down 1 single pound from his previous weigh-in and being weight drained like they do with Cotto.

http://www.boxingscene.com/photos-we...dercard--45943
            if you cant see it (the problem with pac and cotto) then theres no point in going on.

pac stopped at maragrito for obvious reason. chasing may will get him KILLED !

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
              People who hate Manny will never give him credit. For anything. They're just not gonna do it. They wouldn't be caught dead doing it. Haters of Floyd do the same thing. I used to wanna go back and forth with them but I'm starting to FINALLY learn that there's zero f**king point. It's like arguing politics between a democrat and republican. It's f**king pointless. The hatred is so strong with some of these people that it's really f**king funny, to be honest. There's not a single fighter in the sport that I dislike with the level of passion that some of these posters do with Manny. Floyd too, of course. Not even f**king close. Go back as deep as you can into my post history and you'll never find my ass trying to discredit a fighter the way some of these cats do. I mean for f**k's sake, man. It's a f**king sport. It's entertainment at the end of the day. I ain't about to pour the level of effort that some of these motherf**kers do disliking some guy I don't even know personally, lol. And will never ever meet for that matter. It's f**king weird, man.

Sometimes you wonder If they are actually being real or If they get off on arguing for the sake of arguing. The site has become over run with these mindless motherf**kers who cannot have a legitimate discussion and disagreement In a civil manner. It's just constant digs and repetitive bulls**t with people that truly don't know the sport or the fighters besides what they found out 5 minutes prior on f**kin Google.

It's disgusting to say the least but their are a handful of decent people to discuss boxing with, for now.

Comment

Originally posted by ironmt View Post
                Sometimes you wonder If they are actually being real or If they get off on arguing for the sake of arguing. The site has become over run with these mindless motherf**kers who cannot have a legitimate discussion and disagreement In a civil manner. It's just constant digs and repetitive bulls**t
                I think that the hate is genuine, honestly. I mean the level of effort that some of these cats put forth -- it's gotta be. Somewhere along the line they developed such a deep embedded hatred of that particular boxer and that boxer's fan base that it's almost become a life mission of theirs, lmao. To be on b-scene and to hunt down threads related to that fighter and anybody who supports that fighter. And of course with the more popular the fighter, the more hatred that fighter seems to attract. We've seen it in amazing numbers with Mayweather & Pacquiao, and then to a lesser (but still very, VERY sizable) degree guys like GGG, Ward, Canelo, etc.
                Last edited by Mike D; 06-26-2017, 08:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                  I think that the hate is genuine, honesly. I mean the level of effort that some of these cats put forth -- it's gotta be. Somewhere along the line they developed such a deep embedded hatred of that particular boxer and that boxer's fan base that it's almost become a life mission of theirs, lmao. To be on b-scene and to hunt down threads related to that fighter and anybody who supports that fighter. And of course with the more popular the fighter, the more hatred that fighter seems to attract. We've seen it in amazing numbers with Mayweather & Pacquiao, and then to a lesser (but still very, VERY sizable) degree guys like GGG, Ward, Canelo, etc.
                  Sounds like you are spot on and It doesn't look like It's going to Improve anytime soon.

It can become easy to find yourself actually developing hatered for the fan base of certain fighters, they seem to make It pretty easy.

The worst part of It Is that you will find yourself disliking the fighter more than you actually do because of some of the a**holes on this board that support them.

Comment

Working...
                  X