Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which [Highly Ranked] undefeated fighters will LOSE their "0" in 2016?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which [Highly Ranked] undefeated fighters will LOSE their "0" in 2016?

It's multiple choice so cast your votes!

Edit: I'm aware I forgot to add Kovalev and Chocolatito
    Golovkin
    2.71%
    Fury
    14.03%
    Wilder
    15.38%
    Garcia
    17.19%
    Thurman
    11.31%
    Crawford
    7.24%
    Ward
    8.60%
    Rigo
    5.43%
    Postol
    6.33%
    Brook
    11.76%
    Last edited by Nubia; 12-28-2015, 06:47 AM.

I only voted for Fury cos I think he loses the rematch. Any of the others could but it depends so much on the matchmaking I doubt they actually will.

And where's Chocolatito?

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post

And where's Chocolatito?
      Oh, has he signed to fight Estrada then?

I've got Fury and Garcia losing their 0 this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
        I only voted for Fury cos I think he loses the rematch. Any of the others could but it depends so much on the matchmaking I doubt they actually will.

And where's Chocolatito?
        Wasn't enough room since you can only do 10 options. But perhaps he should be there instead of Postal. I sorta just went down the Boxrec P4P calculator, which by the way has Canelo as #1 P4P.

Comment

Kovalev will lose to Ward. You might want to add him to the list.

Comment

Originally posted by jayjames616 View Post
            Oh wow, I totally forgot about him lol.

Damn, too late now.

Comment

I voted Fury,Wilder,Postal

Fury could easily lose the rematch or 2 wilder if they fight late 2016

Wilder could easily lose to Povetkin,Fury or even Wlad if they end up fighting

Postal could lose to Crawford if they fight late 2016

GGG-no
              Ward- possibly to Kovalev
              Crawford-no
              Garcia- won't fight anyone good if he keeps up what he's doing
              Thurman- possibly but if he gets by Porter he probably has 1-2 easy fights in 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Omowale Tribe View Post
                Wasn't enough room since you can only do 10 options. But perhaps he should be there instead of Postal. I sorta just went down the Boxrec P4P calculator, which by the way has Canelo as #1 P4P.
                Yeah - the Boxrec ranking system, esp. P4P is a bit of a joke - great in theory but a bit crap in reality. I only really use it as a rough and ready guide to the level of fighters I haven't had time to research: below 100 = low calibre, 100 - 200,= prospect, gatekeeper or faded, 200 - 400 Mid level contenders / challengers, 400 - 800 = Championship level / solid contenders 800+ top shelf. But that's really approximate and you can pretty much half those scores when you're looking at the little guys.
                Last edited by Citizen Koba; 12-28-2015, 06:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
                  Oh, has he signed to fight Estrada then?

I've got Fury and Garcia losing their 0 this year.
                  Not AFAIK, but he is highly ranked and undefeated. But the TS already explained he was using Boxrecs P4P (despite missing Kovalev) which massively underates fighters in the lowest divisions.

Comment

Originally posted by jayjames616 View Post
                    This. There is a guaranteed first L in this matchup.

I tend to agree with you. I favor Ward here. Still curious to see Ward fight a solid 175lber to get more confidence with that stance or perhaps to back off it more or change it completely based on new information.

As for the rest I wouldn't be surprised if they all got their thru 2016 with their 0 attached just due to slow matchmaking & marination bs going on these days with everyone to one degree or another, but I still suspect 1 to 3 fall off.

I think Wilder could lose his 0 vs Povetkin as thats a close fight that imo gets either guy their biggest career W, but I do favor Wilder. If Wilder is still talking mess & Fury will obviously be talking mess there seems some likeliness that Fury vs Wilder end up fighting towards the end of 2016 or early 2017 & I heavily favor Fury winning that fight.

Crawford seems to be getting hyped as the next big guy by TR, but I just don't see it. I think there is a solid chance he gets KTFO if he gets put in with Matthysse (which probably won't happen, but if it did....) & I think there is more room for a random upset with him via an unheralded challenger than vs anyone else mentioned except Wilder.

I feel like Thurman or Garcia are maybe the most likely to catch an L outside of the Kovalev vs Ward situation. I think Thurman is in a 50/50ish fight vs Porter once we get a date on that fight. And I think in the event Thurman gets past Porter than Thurman vs Garcia is one of the next big fights to make at 147.

Comment

Working...
                    X