Comments Thread For: Joshua on Wilder: Needs To Up His Game as Champion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alexKO View Post
    Are you really that naive?!

For starters post fight tests are meaningless - human growth hormone and testosterone is used to build muscle and aid recovery during training. Having it in your system on fight night would be pretty much pointless.

Secondly the British anti doping testing is completely inept in or out of competition. There are numerous methods including HGH use, microdosing testosterone and microdosing epo that they can't even afford to test for.

The guy has not only put on 20 to 30 pounds of lean muscle since the Olympics, he's reached a lean BMI higher than the natural upper limit for bodybuilders, never mind for someone training for boxing.

Go educate yourself.
    It's better than the American one.

They don't even test out of competition over there and the fighters still get popped for juicing. Imagine how many are really on the gear.

Beyonce Windmiller is a prime suspect. He ducked a Chisora fight in the UK probably because of the testing.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post

They don't even test out of competition over there and the fighters still get popped for juicing. Imagine how many are really on the gear.

Beyonce Windmiller is a prime suspect. He ducked a Chisora fight in the UK probably because of the testing.
      He did come over to stop Harrison in England.

Comment

EBU title is vacant and NOT owned by Erkan Teper as mentioned in the article. Helenius is boxing some one for it. Looks like Wilder isn't the only one who needs to up his game.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post

Being slightly less inept is still inept. Drug cheats are everywhere in combat sports, however the wool is pulled over most people's eyes as they don't want to believe that there's something sinister behind their hero's success.

Comment

Originally posted by Box-Office View Post
            He did come over to stop Harrison in England.
            Anyone with a brain cell can pass a post fight test - I doubt even a rampant drugs cheat would avoid a fight because of one. Wilder may well be using but at least he's at a much more realistic weight based on his frame. You have to take serious amounts of GH to create a 245-250lb ripped frame at 6 foot 6.

Comment

Fury and AJ will whoop Wilder that's for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Lou Cipher View Post
                Juice-ua got rocked hard last night. He shouldn't even be mentioning any top 15 fighter's name yet.
                Rocked hard?? he didnt even wobble..if Paulie didnt say anything i would not even had noticed

Comment

Originally posted by mezoomozaa View Post
                  I agree; Wilder doesn't deserve Joshua fight yet, he needs to prove his quality instead of being seen worldwide as an American Hypejob who was spoon-fed fights and titles he didn't deserve.
                  We have quality boxers like Rigo who is sweating blood to prove himself and win fans just because he is a Cuban fighting in USA, while a basketball player is crowned WBC heavyweight champion of the world against dehydrated good boxer only because he is black American.
                  I don't have anything against quality African American brothers like Whitaker, Frazier, Holmes, Tyson, Roy Jones Jr., but not clowns like Berto, Beyonce, Broner.... etc.
                  HAHAHA. Listen to you, Wilder doesn't deserve the Joshua fight? News flash, Deontay is the WORLD champion, he isn't rocking some commonwealth titles that the rest of the planet couldn't care less about. Joshua is the #2 contender for DW's belt, not the other way around. I am an American, and I am a huge Joshua fan. I think he could be great, but lets not get ahead of ourselves, lets also, not be ethnocentric. Its not his time yet, if last night didn't prove that to you, you don't know boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
                    Rocked hard?? he didnt even wobble..if Paulie didnt say anything i would not even had noticed
                    A joke I hope. You've been watching boxing for how long?

Comment

I don't mind watching Joshua, but he's a plodder (slow moving for the uneducated), while he is somewhat exciting, he just doesn't move.

I think Fury and Wilder would both beat Joshua at this point in their careers with a good gameplan. The only thing they need is a good jab and movement which both have and use to their advantage.

I just don't see Joshua's style beating either one of theirs. While AJ has better technical ability than either one, Fury and Wilder's style just isn't right for AJ.

Fury with his speed and movement, and also being the bigger man. Wilder for his jab and power and movement. I think Fury would win a decision, same with Wilder possibly late round knockout.

Wilder has that power, and he does go to the body some, something I noticed on Saturday was Joshua had some issues when Whyte was throwing that left hook to the body in the first few rounds, and if Wilder connects with the same type of power Whyte did with that left hook upstairs, then it's trouble for Joshua, Whyte didn't have the stamina or ability to finish that fight then, if Wilder was in that position he would have been balls to the wall throwing hayemakers to get AJ out.

Comment

Working...
                      X