No announcement yet.

It's amazing how Pacquiao-Clottey is 2 weeks away

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's amazing how Pacquiao-Clottey is 2 weeks away

I remember for the Cotto fight counting down the days like months out. It seems like this fight has no hype at all...can't belive it's in 2 weeks. My HDTV just broke on me today, looking for a new one before the fight!

yes a mayweather fan will be purchasing the fight!! I support all boxers!

Foolish to miss out on this fight. It will be exciting.

Comment

it has no hype behind it but it is the first big fight of 2010 and most boxingscene'ers will be watching or asking for a stream come the 13th

Comment

Not even hyped for the May-Mosley fight.

Everything is a step down on the hype scale compared to May-Pac

Comment

I can't wait for this fight... This is my first live Pac fight...

Comment

I have also heard zero hype for this fight..

Comment

ESPN reported that 45 000 tickets are sold so

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
                I can't wait for this fight... This is my first live Pac fight...
                that's cool man. My first live fight was Cotto vs Clottey at MSG. The atmosphere was amazing considering it was the day before the PR day parade. It's a really great experience. I'm not sure how Dallas Stadium or a stadium in general (yankee cotto vs yuri) would be like? How are the seats set up?

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleMM View Post
                  I remember for the Cotto fight counting down the days like months out. It seems like this fight has no hype at all...can't belive it's in 2 weeks. My HDTV just broke on me today, looking for a new one before the fight!

yes a mayweather fan will be purchasing the fight!! I support all boxers!
                  Props to you for buying it. I think it will be a great fight and I'm looking forward to it, but as a Pacquiao fan it's not quite the most exciting matchup. The lack of hype is for three reasons.

1: Most of us expected Mayweather and Pacquiao to square off. Anything less is a disappointment.
                  2: Promotion isn't great.
                  3: People are realizing not too many people can hang with Pacquiao at 140-147.

Some call this fight a mismatch (which is crazy, IMO). If somebody had suggested Manny get in the ring with a huge WW such as Clottey a couple of years back he'd be laughed at. No doubt, the general consensus would be that Manny would end up on a stretcher. But since he destroyed his last four opponents so emphatically, they are not giving Clottey much of a chance, therefore a certain outcome is expected (Pacquiao beating Clottey), and when the outcome is obvious to them they have little reason to get excited.

Cotto Vs. Pacquiao was intriguing because most gave Cotto a decent chance of winning. They thought Manny would struggle with a genuine, established WW. De La Hoya was supposed to annihilate Manny. Even Hatton was gonna brutalize Pacquiao according to some people. Those fights created excitement for those reasons, plus all of them have larger fan bases than Clottey.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
                  Last edited by S A M U R A I; 02-28-2010, 05:51 PM.

Comment

No need to hype this fight. Two warriors with mutual respect for each other - this fight sold itself and 50,000 people will be ringside.

Little girls concerned about Men's wages need not reply. Rather; they should just fuck off.

Comment

Working...
                    X