No announcement yet.

A War of Wizards: Lomachenko vs Rigondeaux

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A War of Wizards: Lomachenko vs Rigondeaux

As a boxing fan, one can go months,years even, without a real gem of a fight. This year, we have been blessed with several such spectacles, but none with such potential as tonight.

The likely-hood of two fighters of the caliber and mastery of Lomachenko and Rigondeaux meeting in the ring, heck even fighting in the same era, is slim. Tonight, we will have them not only in the ring together, but in their primes, and with something to prove, to each other, and to the world.

For most casual fans, the crown of the p4p list was handed over the night of Ward/Kovalev II. For hardcore students of the game, most of us agree that true greatness is not only achieved by beating great opponents, but by actually having a skillset and God-given talent, that is truly great in and of itself. Lomachenko and Rigondeaux not only have near 1k combined amateur victories - they are also olympic medalists, and neither has found equal in the pro ranks. A game Salido beat Lomachenko early in his pro career, but knowledgeable fans know that even if Salido has his number, Lomachenko will go down the greater and more skilled fighter barring injury or other unforeseen impediments.

It's one thing to be beaten. It's another to be beaten by someone who can beat you at your own game. To be out-thought.

Boxing is chess. Yes. It's also jazz (Thanks Foreman). There are levels to chess, as there are to jazz, and also boxing. To continue with this metaphor, Lomachenko vs Rigondeaux are like two chess grand masters going at it.

Tonight, we will enjoy a level of intricacy and detail seldom witnessed. The level of boxing we will see tonight will rival fantasy matches that cross eras.

Since the departure of Floyd, outside of Tyson Fury, no two men have mastered the art of boxing better than Lomachenko and Rigondeaux and tonight, we hope to witness not just them in their glory, but that they reach new levels not yet achieved by mortal men, similar to how Goku and Vegeta pushed themselves to break limits, in an effort to best the other.

Enjoy the fight, wherever you are, as fans, as students, as witnesses.

And remember, this, this is why we love the sport.

~wraps

damn dude..... STFU.

Comment

I have no doubt a lot of people will call this fight boring.

This fight should have a WARNING STICKER on it to say "Only for the Purists" just to keep away idiotic comments.

I love these type of strategic fights when you have two guys with such a high skill set as these two have.

Comment

I'm finna peep they game, soak up some knowledge.

Gotta use them small boy moves on Joshua.

Comment

Originally posted by Deontay Wilder View Post
          I'm finna peep they game, soak up some knowledge.

Gotta use them small boy moves on Joshua.

Go get him, champ!

Comment

This a fight for the boxing purist.
            Maybe the best fight ever between two guys of such high technical ability

Comment

Originally posted by Boxnation fan View Post
              I have no doubt a lot of people will call this fight boring.

This fight should have a WARNING STICKER on it to say "Only for the Purists" just to keep away idiotic comments.

I love these type of strategic fights when you have two guys with such a high skill set as these two have.
              Well said. Green K.

Comment

This is like the hardcore only version of fight of the century. Fight like this comes once in a blue moon.

Comment

I'm at work and we don't have ESPN. I'm watching a crappy Ukrainian stream.

On the stream, they're doing a feature video of Lomachenko being interviewed by Atlas, so the Ukrainian commentators are silent, but their microphones are picking up the ESPN broadcast.

So you hear Teddy talking with Loma, and I'm hearing Tessitore direct traffic behind the scenes, saying, "okay so hears what we're going to do, we're 40 seconds out."

And now their mics are still picking it up even now!

I hear 2 languages throughout the stream!

Comment

This is a true Gem, and it's about to start !!!
                    I hope it lives up to it's potential, despite being poorly promoted...

It's about 3 years late, but I'll take it ...

Comment

Working...
                    X