This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2Fast View Post
    I know there are difference in between races. But you cant deny that on average whites are taller than chinese.
    White people are tall.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Kewl Hair View Post
      Yeah it can be more than to do with race though, it’s culture too- such as the Chinese way of learning where they’re taught learning through repetition, this helps them with acing IQ scores and acruuing degrees but they find it more difficult with things like creative writing etc. You might think that’s useless but that style of thinking helps with generating new ideas instead of copying old ones.

Also generalising encourages thinking that all one type of race are the same when there’s many different types of people within (IQ, body type etc) just like any other race.
      What ultimately bugs me about race realism is that it views races as biological groupings that are completely distinguishable from one another and whose members extremely similar to each other.

This isn't a totally accurate picture.

The definition of who is or isn't a member of what race has changed more often over time then some will admit or are aware of. Plus, this is done more so on the basis of visual differences in appearance, cultural differences etc than on measured biological differences. For instance it was not considered weird or unusual when the US census adopted a definition of White people that included (and still includes) Arabs. But since 9/11, the rise of extremely conservative Wahhabism and of Arabian terrorist groups have forced people into seeing them as different people.

As a result of this purely cultural phenomena, you can see a predictable changing of public opinion regarding whether Arabs should fall under the umbrella of White.

But to be fair, I don't have a problem with Arab or Middle Eastern being recognized as a separate race/group per se. The problematic result of the type of thinking the TS expresses is in sweeping overgeneralization. For instance a 'race realist' might post that Blacks disproportionately commit crime. That is a statistical reality.

My issue with that only comes in when that is used as a reason to form a negative opinion about the group as a whole without further considerations. The implication is that all members of the group must be at a greater risk for committing crime since the group's higher crime rate is a result of a genetic feature(s) they all share. I don't believe that this is the case. I think it is more likely that a subset of the group are of particularly high risk in this regard due to a combination of their individual biology, circumstances etc which are not necessarily shared by all members of the group.

Let's put it this way - regardless of race, who would you expect to be more likely to be in jail during their lifetime - the children of a parent or parents that went to jail, or the children of medical doctors who have never been to jail? What race do you know to have disproportionately more members in the prior group, and are there any historical circumstances that disproportionately pushed people of that race into the prior group and/or that actively discouraged them from getting into the latter group?

Comment

I have no idea why I wrote so much, I need to get back to work.

TLDR:
        There are non-trivial statistical differences in races

There are also non-trivial statistical differences in the people who grew up in my apartment building from those who lived in the one across the street.

This is not proof that this is as meaningful a grouping of people as a raw mind reading the statistics might believe
        Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 12-12-2017, 01:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
          OP is definitely a racist. Pretty sure he admitted it at one point too.
          Every post of his is about race. I bet he just watches stefan molineux videos all day.
          I've seen a video of Molineux discussing "race realism" and differences in IQ in an innocuous, rational and innocent tone and manner. However, if you read through his Twitter feed, you see tweets that are biased and disparaging towards blacks. He purports himself to be a philosopher and a rational fact-based thinker when in fact, he's just right wing apologist and racial propagandist.

Comment

Sure, there are differences between races

And there are also differences between different brands of bottled water

#WaterRealist
            #NoMoreDasaniApologists
            #AquafinaNationalism
            Last edited by TheWaterBoy; 12-12-2017, 01:04 PM.

Comment

when it comes to physical features, most people dont have a problem being race realist. like it's ok to say, black in general have longer penis than asians (even though a few asians may have longer penis than some blacks).

but when it comes to IQ, etc.. anything not related to physical.. it's a no-no.

Comment

ah **** I clicked on the wrong option.

Comment

Originally posted by StarshipTrooper View Post
                  Biological evolution takes hundreds of thousands up to millions of years. Humans don't simply evolve in a few thousand years. Try again.
                  No it doesnt...

If it takes millions of years then how come europeans are taller than asians?

Why do different ethnic groups have a different skin color

Why do blacks have a different type of hair than whites or asians

Why do asians have different facial feautures than blacks

Comment

Is this even a disputed thing? Of course different races have different features and characteristics from physical to mental. This doesn't mean it applies to every single person of a given race but there obviously is an average.

It only becomes an issue when discussing IQ. People play word games and start talking in circles. Other than IQ everything would be hunky dory.

Comment

Originally posted by B.UTLER View Post
                      when it comes to physical features, most people dont have a problem being race realist. like it's ok to say, black in general have longer penis than asians (even though a few asians may have longer penis than some blacks).

but when it comes to IQ, etc.. anything not related to physical.. it's a no-no.
                      It's all OK as long as black people aren't on the negative end of the comparison. If whites are, it's seen as fair game. Everyone knows that, even if they try to pretend they don't.

Comment

Working...
                      X