Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nate Diaz claims UFC offered him title shot 'in any weight class,' boxing next?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nate Diaz claims UFC offered him title shot 'in any weight class,' boxing next?

Nate Diaz updates from the man himself are few and far between and this latest one may only raise more questions.

On Friday, the UFC star sent out a tweet in which he claims that the UFC offered him a title shot in “any weight class,” but rather than accept that proposal he is moving on “to the next sport for now.” He then added a pair of boxing glove emojis to complete the message:

Diaz has not fought since August of last year, when he faced Conor McGregor at UFC 202. McGregor defeated him by majority decision, avenging the submission loss that Diaz handed him at UFC 196. Both bouts ranked among the highest-grossing events in UFC history.

Following the second bout, both McGregor and Diaz appeared to be amenable to a trilogy bout, but McGregor went on to challenge and defeat Eddie Alvarez for the UFC lightweight championship at UFC 205 before setting up a boxing match with Floyd Mayweather Jr. in August 2017.

With the McGregor rubber match off the table, Diaz has been biding his time. He raised the possibility of going the boxing route when he acquired a license to box in the state of California (he has also applied for a license in Nevada), and was also recently rumored to be in consideration for a fight with UFC welterweight champion Tyron Woodley for Dec. 30 at UFC 219.

While the two McGregor bouts took place at 170 pounds, Diaz has competed primarily as a lightweight throughout his 12-year pro career.

If Diaz is to be believed, he’s in the driver’s seat when it comes to his negotiations with the UFC.

He'll do fockěn' nottin'.

Comment

He'll get nothing and like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
        He'll get nothing and like it.
        As long as he requests 15 million a fight

Comment

i dont know why these ufc fighters think they can just cross over to boxing and get paid millions LOL.. not everyone is a conor mcgregor and nate diaz sure definitely aint close to it.

Comment

Nate Diaz vs. Margarito.

Make it happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
              Nate Diaz vs. Margarito.

Make it happen.
              i mean what else is there for the guy?

nate and nick have really done themselves no favors.

209 forever for those cats, too bad.

Comment

Originally posted by baya View Post
                i mean what else is there for the guy?

nate and nick have really done themselves no favors.

209 forever for those cats, too bad.

They turned down numerous pay days and even title shots. Especially Nate, he was in prime position for big fights after fighting McGregor twice and he actually still is.

But Nate requsting $15 mil or whatever is just him saying he doesn't want to fight.

These guys have wasted a lot of prime years. Nick isn't even suspended anymore and he's not even thinking about fighting. And if he was, he'll probably just get popped for blazing again.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
                  They turned down numerous pay days and even title shots. Especially Nate, he was in prime position for big fights after fighting McGregor twice and he actually still is.

But Nate requsting $15 mil or whatever is just him saying he doesn't want to fight.

These guys have wasted a lot of prime years. Nick isn't even suspended anymore and he's not even thinking about fighting. And if he was, he'll probably just get popped for blazing again.
                  huge fan of the guys just like i know you are, but i'm really not interested in them anymore. they're mad corny, too. stopped following them months ago ... nick being awkward in clubs and nate always on some 'they trying to keep me down' crap.

in spite of that, i'm still fully engorged with all the talent in the UFC right now.

UFC and basketball FTW.

Comment

Originally posted by baya View Post
                    huge fan of the guys just like i know you are, but i'm really not interested in them anymore. they're mad corny, too. stopped following them months ago ... nick being awkward in clubs and nate always on some 'they trying to keep me down' crap.

in spite of that, i'm still fully engorged with all the talent in the UFC right now.

UFC and basketball FTW.

Yeah, if these guys aren't fighting or even talking about fighting, I don't really wanna hear from them anymore.

UFC is in a very interesting, but exciting posititon right now. Feels like any champion besides Mighty Mouse could lose their title in their next fight.

The young talent has really been feeding on the thee old guard since last year. Dos Santos, Belfort, Penn, Jacare, Overeem, Machida, Aldo, and Bisping recently all got their **** pushed in by this new wave of younger talent.

Comment

Working...
                    X