Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's about respect

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
      he should tell the truth and say hearns was the best puncher duran ever fought, something we all know to be true based not only on that one KO but the careers of hearns and de jesus overall.

he isnt giving him credit at all, i never heard a fighter make more excuses about a loss than duran over that one. losing too much weight too fast, coca cola addiction (yes, seriously). now bringing hagler into it as if thats proof of something.

he is bitter, not just about that loss either just look what he said about the benitez fights and any other fight he lost. i am a huge duran fan but he is a sore loser who makes **** excuses for basically all his defeats. thats juts the way it is.
      I saw a recent video with Hearns and Duran. I saw no bitterness there at all. They looked like old friends.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
          I saw a recent video with Hearns and Duran. I saw no bitterness there at all. They looked like old friends.
          Yeah they boys. They hang out all the time.

And Suga Ray

Comment

Bitter? Some posters on this thread are on crack. Why would he be bitter? Duran ranks higher then Hearns on all time p4p lists.

Roberto Duran was already old, washed-up and past-his-prime when he fought Hearns while Hearns was fighting at his most best, optimal weight, which is jr. middleweight. And Duran said it himself, he was weight drained, he clearly wasn't in his best condition that night.

Also another factor is that the fight took place at 154, Duran started at 118 and reached his limit at 147. Anything above 147 for Duran was suicide or a death sentence.
            Last edited by HandsofIron; 06-24-2017, 10:52 PM.

Comment

C'mon guys, i am a fan of Duran, but is obvious that he always got a excuse for his losses.

Comment

He MAY have been weight drained against Hearns, but what I do know for sure is Duran went back to the wrong corner after the first round and got absolutely mangled in the second round before getting utterly flattened. I don't think he can blame all of that on being drained, in fact strangely, you could actually say between the beating he actually looked pretty good. I think it's far more likely that he like many others couldn't deal with Hearns awesome power and speed.

Comment

Green k sent,,, thanks for sharing, I love these articles

Comment

Originally posted by yngwie View Post
                    C'mon guys, i am a fan of Duran, but is obvious that he always got a excuse for his losses.
                    He didn't make an excuse for hagler loss

Comment

Originally posted by ramses07 View Post
                      He didn't make an excuse for hagler loss
                      "Even though I built myself up to middleweight, Hagler was much bigger and used his strength on the inside. After making weight, a fighter rehydrates and there was a big difference there. Still, even when I was tired, Hagler couldn’t get me down. There was no way I was going to get the decision but some fans and reporters thought I’d done enough".

Comment

Working...
                      X