Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How did Jermain Taylor lose to Pavlik & Abraham??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MARKBNLV View Post
    I want to see Pavlik Martinez 2.Kelly was coming on strong before the 2nd cut,and had taken many rds.
    I read this without realizing that it was 5 years old, and was wondering who'd want to see that at this point in time.

Comment

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
      I remember that locket fight that dude took a knee after every punxh lanched
      That was a complete ass whooping. Gary tried intimidating Kelly is the stare down...hitta please

Comment

Originally posted by buge View Post
        I read this without realizing that it was 5 years old, and was wondering who'd want to see that at this point in time.
        Martinez got lucky that Kelly at that point was a beer drinker like Tim Bradley. Old Kelly woulda stompped out maravilla

Comment

Watching Pavlik's coming out party against Miranda live was an amazing fight. I remember that second round. What a wild fight. They had like a 10 second exchange in the corner where both guys did not stop throwing at each other simultaneously, lol

Comment

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
            Martinez got lucky that Kelly at that point was a beer drinker like Tim Bradley. Old Kelly woulda stompped out maravilla
            Without a doubt. Kelly was 10 days out of rehab and had almost died making weight.

Comment

To the initial comment.

By ko.

Very heavy ko versus Abraham.

Comment

He does not have a great chin and runs out of energy at the end of fights. No one could beat him in an 8 round fight, but championship fights are 12 rounds. He should thank God they cut them back from 15 rounds. He would otherwise have never won a title.

Comment

Originally posted by PrinceCharlez View Post
                  Two of the worst technically skilled fighters managed to ko and put Jermain Taylor out of boxing....just looking back I'm wondering how?? Lmao...says a lot about Taylor skills.

I would love to see Taylor come back and ko again...
                  Well Taylor had a great opportunity to finish Pavlik, but he couldnt. Taylor has alot of athletic ability but he also isnt a smart fighter, stamina issues. Also Pavliks skills are underrated and his power could end any fight if he lands.
                  In the rematch Taylor was gun-shy.
                  Abraham fight Taylor was exhausted. AA can punch.

My opinion of Taylor was he wore himself out because he was never relaxed in the ring, always seemed tense.

Comment

Taylor was basically shot when he fought abraham..

Pavlik was just a styles matchup...

Taylor had a horrible habit of going straight back with his hands down.. Hopkins was able to capitalize sometimes but really didn't have the power to stop taylor.. Winky exploited it as well but didn't have the power either.. Pavlik had a nice long jab and possessed the power to hurt taylor... Taylor with his hands by his waist going backwards got wrecked by Pavlik.

Comment

Working...
                    X