So....what's next for Eubank jr?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
    Talk is cheap.

Eubank wasn't able to talk the talk and walk the walk.....so what's next for Mr Flashy??? Back to 160?
    He's got options. I personally think he should drop back down to middleweight. There are a lot of good fights at 160.

Get a new trainer to help smooth out those rough edges and get back to work at middleweight.

Comment

Originally posted by boxinggod101 View Post
      Who would u pick to win?
      I don't know why anyone would pick Lemieux. He looked terrible against BJS and GGG. He might very well beat Eubanks Jr but I can never pick a fighter whose soley relies on having a punchers chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        LOL idk man.

I think thats a 50/50ish fight. BJS made Lemeiux look stupid & Eubank Jr was neck & neck with BJS so if forced to make a call I'd probably favor Eubank Jr., but I think their specific styles vs each other might not work out the same as their fights vs BJS did for the boxing math comparison & would = a competitive up for grabs fight.

That said I do think these guys who say Eubank Jr never has a game plan is gonna always make his fights vs step up guys problematic are & have been onto something.

This was Eubank Jr's 2nd biggest fight & that showed in that he didn't have much of a plan B, C or D. Vs Abraham he could go out there & freestyle it & win cuz Abraham was a really good fighter at one point, but he's old now.

Lemeiux would be at or near his prime & arguable would be the 3rd best opponent Eubank Jr would be in the ring with. I don't think Lemeiux is at a BJS or Groves level, but he's not at Abraham's level either.

So which level does that fight land at more for Eubank Jr? I'm not real sure.

TLDR its an interesting close fight I feel like & I like it.

Who you picking?
        I would have to go with Lemieux. Eubank rushes guy and would make it a war and going toe to toe with Lemieux can be deadly.

At the sametime, Lemieux only has power.

I would like to see that fight tbh lol

Comment

Prob go on to fight a couple of untamed guys for the remainder of this year-end next year til he fights a worthy fighter again.
          But I think he needs to get a second coach on his team and start fresh.

Comment

Fight David Brophy on PPV in an empty arena in Nottingham for the IBA SMW Championship of the world and declare himself the king of boxing

Comment

He belongs to 160. He has good size for 160 but not so much for 168. He moved up for the money I guess. Time to move back to 160.

Comment

Demote SR to Assistant trainer and get a better trainer. Derrick James would be great for him! Aggression in big fights seems to be a issue for him, what is with the hesitation vs BJS and now Groves? He Seems to Freeze in Big Fights!

He has Heart and Toughness! He spent the last 3-4 Round trying this best to get that KO. Excellent Stamina but the Wildness cost him and also not enough body work, way too much Head Hunter. Didn't see anything to give up on Jr in that fight just switch up his team and his Trainer

Also agree with going back down to 160 probably wouldn't be a bad idea either
                Last edited by sicko; 02-17-2018, 07:53 PM.

Comment

He can try his luck back down at 160, but 160 is far more dangerous waters than 168. The current, fit version of BJS would box his ears off, Canelo would make him look silly and may put him to sleep, Jacobs would overpower and outbox him, and Golovkin would cause a ref stoppage by the 10th.

He needs to eat a ton of humble pie, tell his dad to be a manager and nothing more, and get a real trainer. He's got a natural chin, good stamina, excellent conditioning and a good basic skillset. He has time to reinvent himself.
                  The current version isn't going anywhere. He'll stay within ~top5-10 but never be elite.

Comment

Originally posted by Bumdre Ward View Post
                    I pray he goes back to 160, but Groves kinda showed us signs that Eubank perhaps is still the same old guy BJS beat back then in 14.
                    I have a feeling that could be the case.

Comment

Originally posted by redmish View Post
                      Not much if he doesn't learn about tactics. He's talented but he needs a trainer.
                      This is the big picture. I think, he has the physical presence to stay up or go down...He actually impressed me with the way he ragdolled Groves, and probably was the reason the shoulder was dislocated...He is an unnaturally strong human being.

With that said, with the ammi style one sees in the ring, with the tactics its already dificult for a puncher to work consistently and win consistently... with the rounds and all we need that 15 round fght for the championship as these are the puncher's rounds...

He is a determined and smart lad...he needs to learn how to cut the ring off, how to feignt, how to make a guy like Groves feel pressured. He needs a trainer and a good trainer who knows punchers.

Comment

Working...
                      X