Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Josh Taylor vs. Humberto Soto Set For March 3, Glasgow

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this kid needs a title shot.. enjoyed the ass whooping he gave o'hara davies..wish him the best of luck

Comment

Originally posted by Abovetheclouds View Post
      Taylor v Flanagan would be a good UK fight in the next 12-18 months.

I feel Flanagan is wasting his best years and also has a padded resume. I blame Frank Warren
      18 months? Taylor would beat him right now, he struggled with petr petrov ffs.

No way fish eyes makes that fight anyway, he'll look to cash him out V the biggest name

Don't forget he was a paper champion who won the belt via injury to Zepeda..

Comment

Taylor v Flanagan would be a good UK fight in the next 12-18 months.

I feel Flanagan is wasting his best years and also has a padded resume. I blame Frank Warren
        It's kind of a good fight, but much as I would want to root for Turbo as the hometown guy Taylor is a level above IMO. Terry's a tough, gutsy kid, but Taylor beats him handily I think and may well stop him.

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
          18 months? Taylor would beat him right now, he struggled with petr petrov ffs.

No way fish eyes makes that fight anyway, he'll look to cash him out V the biggest name

Don't forget he was a paper champion who won the belt via injury to Zepeda..
          I agree Taylor would beat him now but politics would take 12-18 months.

Like you said, Frank Warren wouldn't risk it.

Comment

I was expecting better to be honest.

Step down from his last opponent.
            There wasn't much better available. Soto is a good learning fight. It's a style he hasn't faced and a good name to have on his record. Its good matchmaking from Barry considering his limited options.

Comment

Big fan of Josh. I really hope Cyclone manage to get him a title shot or at least manoeuvre him into a mandatory position.
              This is a decent opponent but I agree with what a lot of other posters are saying it’s more of a name on his resume, Soto is basically semi retired at this point I don’t know what ambition he still has. Blitzing him like Matthysse did would be a bit of a statement though.

Comment

Solid fight, Taylor vs Troyanovsky is the fight I want to see before the latter gets too old

Comment

Josh Taylor should be getting a title shot soon

But he is gaining some more experience with this, nothing wrong with that.

Comment

Soto's still fighting?? Damn.

Comment

garbage opponent. didnt even know soto still fought. no doubt the jocks will make out its an amazing win, guess it probably is in terms of scottish boxing or scottish sport in general.

Comment

Working...
                      X