No announcement yet.

Back in the Gym

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back in the Gym

...Took off for the holidays... this will be my first day back in the gym in 07, I took just about all of december off... Time to get back focused

been watchin alotta fights all day, sugar ray (he got knocked out by camacho loll), roy jones, prince naseem lol that dude a clown...... and uhh judah.... now Im ready to g0,

Cant wait to sparrrrrrrrrrr.... yessss

ooohh yeah, question... is it a illegal punch, when you're clinching and you have the guys head between your arms (like in a headlock) and then you punch him in the face from behind the back with your other hand?

I seen whitiker do that in a fight, but the ref didnt say anything.. I did that sparring a dude and it made his nose bleed, I didnt think that kinda punch would do damage like that cuz its not even a hard punch (iono maybe cuz it hits flush).... I wont do that no more tho, not in sparring atleast.. cuz I felt a lil bad like I did somethin "Dirty"

Originally posted by McAlister View Post
    ...Took off for the holidays... this will be my first day back in the gym in 07, I took just about all of december off... Time to get back focused

been watchin alotta fights all day, sugar ray (he got knocked out by camacho loll), roy jones, prince naseem lol that dude a clown...... and uhh judah.... now Im ready to g0,

Cant wait to sparrrrrrrrrrr.... yessss

ooohh yeah, question... is it a illegal punch, when you're clinching and you have the guys head between your arms (like in a headlock) and then you punch him in the face from behind the back with your other hand?

I seen whitiker do that in a fight, but the ref didnt say anything.. I did that sparring a dude and it made his nose bleed, I didnt think that kinda punch would do damage like that cuz its not even a hard punch (iono maybe cuz it hits flush).... I wont do that no more tho, not in sparring atleast.. cuz I felt a lil bad like I did somethin "Dirty"
    That headlock punch is illegal. I remember watching a guy from our gym fighting Arthel Lawhorne down at Cobo. He had total control of the fight and was playing with Booker. They got into a corner, Bam (Arthel) took Booker into a headlock, waved his fist in a circular motion to the crowd and then slapped Booker from behind his back, it was a tough one for Booker that night.

Its not that it hurts, its just not a gentalmanly thing to do as a pugilist. Punching the guy in the nose is gentelmanly enough, but not a slap from behind the back...............Rockin'

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
      That headlock punch is illegal. I remember watching a guy from our gym fighting Arthel Lawhorne down at Cobo. He had total control of the fight and was playing with Booker. They got into a corner, Bam (Arthel) took Booker into a headlock, waved his fist in a circular motion to the crowd and then slapped Booker from behind his back, it was a tough one for Booker that night.

Its not that it hurts, its just not a gentalmanly thing to do as a pugilist. Punching the guy in the nose is gentelmanly enough, but not a slap from behind the back...............Rockin'
      oh lol..

good story

Today in the gym was pretty cool, I was jus glad to be back in there... I was pretty tired after just doing a cpl rds of mitt work iono maybe I was going a lil too hard just cuz I was back in there.... I didnt plan on sparring, but once they started I couldnt help but to hop in..... Tournament is Feb 3rd. and If i plan on competing Ima have to start training like a mad man startin in the morning..... Cuz as of right now Im out of shape, Suprised at how much taking a month off can set you back... but Ima take it one step at a time, If Im ready by Feb. Ill compete... if not Ill wait til the next one, which I think is in March
      Last edited by McAlister; 01-11-2007, 11:35 PM.

Comment

oh lol..

good story

Today in the gym was pretty cool, I was jus glad to be back in there... I was pretty tired after just doing a cpl rds of mitt work iono maybe I was going a lil too hard just cuz I was back in there.... I didnt plan on sparring, but once they started I couldnt help but to hop in..... Tournament is Feb 3rd. and If i plan on competing Ima have to start training like a mad man startin in the morning..... Cuz as of right now Im out of shape, Suprised at how much taking a month off can set you back... but Ima take it one step at a time, If Im ready by Feb. Ill compete... if not Ill wait til the next one, which I think is in March

I hope I can drop down to 175. Im 270 now so I dont think I can do it, I can get to 200 for sure. DO you plan on turning pro McCallister, I wouldnt mind one day setting up a Boxingscene Boxoff.

Comment

oh lol..

good story

what is the tournament called your going into? I went to a gym all of november but the gym closed and its opening on monday. I don't think ill be ready for feb 2nd tournament i have because i wont even of had two full months training although im lightyears ahead of anyone ive seen that is remotely close to my experience. I got all the goods but i'm simply not in good enough shape to go 3 hard rounds and from next monday to feb 2nd i dont think i can get in good enough shape. Who knows though... if i perform well in sparring which i almost always do maybe ill fight i dunno. I don't wanna fight my first time and show people 40% of me.

Comment

Originally posted by Evil_Meat View Post
            what is the tournament called your going into? I went to a gym all of november but the gym closed and its opening on monday. I don't think ill be ready for feb 2nd tournament i have because i wont even of had two full months training although im lightyears ahead of anyone ive seen that is remotely close to my experience. I got all the goods but i'm simply not in good enough shape to go 3 hard rounds and from next monday to feb 2nd i dont think i can get in good enough shape. Who knows though... if i perform well in sparring which i almost always do maybe ill fight i dunno. I don't wanna fight my first time and show people 40% of me.

Im not sure of the name of the tournament... I dont think its golden gloves tho, Ill ask tuesday

and to animal, I dont plan on turning pro for another 2 yrs.. I need to get stronger before Im ready for the big boys

Comment

"Rising Amateur Star Patrick "The Panther" McAlister Official Myspace."

I wish we were in Africa so I could legally shoot your ***got "panther" ass.

Comment

Originally posted by kryo View Post
                "Rising Amateur Star Patrick "The Panther" McAlister Official Myspace."

I wish we were in Africa so I could legally shoot your ***got "panther" ass.
                wtf is your problem dickhead, so he dreams of being a good boxer? and you call him a ***got and make a racist comment? where are you from cause id sure love spar you.

Comment

I don't really get this whole McAlister beef. Ok, so he puts himself on a bit of a pedastal. The whole "rising star, panther" thing is a little lame. But is that really the dumbest thing any of us have seen on these boards? He just aspires to something. Boxing's all about heart. How many clean, humble boxing press conferences have you seen? It's part of the sport. And who knows, maybe in 10 years, "The Panther" will be on the cover of Ring magazine while we're flippin' burgers or somethin'. His puffing his chest doesn't affect anyone else. Personally, I think the real problem is guys who come on here and act like they're Angelo Dundee or something giving all kinds of whack ass advice, and call anyone who disagrees ******ed. Although MaAlister, if you were to cool off with the whole rising star, little roy jones, etc. stuff, you prolly wouldn't draw so much heat.

Just my two cents

Peace,
                  Trick

Comment

Originally posted by Animal Squabbs View Post
                    I hope I can drop down to 175. Im 270 now so I dont think I can do it, I can get to 200 for sure. DO you plan on turning pro McCallister, I wouldnt mind one day setting up a Boxingscene Boxoff.
                    I'd enter and show you guys what my fists are packing

Comment

Working...
                    X