No announcement yet.

James Degale stomps Chris "the nostril" Eubank on twitter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
    I watched Benn fight McClellan and Eubank in the rematch live. I saw him beat doug dewitt and iran barkely.

He was an elite fighter and one of the most dangerous punchers I have ever seen fight.
    I think Benn's win over McClellan nudges him into the elite level of that era. He also beat Barkley convincingly in the US, no easy task. Eubank ducked ALL the very best US guys and made soft defences in the UK against mandatory opposition. Eubanks win over Benn defined his whole career, Benn acheived more IMO.

Comment

The nostril... Lol

Comment

Skip to 5:44

Comment

what era is james talking about? i blinked once and his 'reign' had come to an end. english was far superior fighter than james will ever be

Comment

DeGale thinks he is elite????

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
              I don't see how Eubank Sr achieved way more winning straps at two weights made more defenses, fought and beat way better fighters than DeGale.

He was a flat out different level to DeGale.
              WBO was like the IBO then

Comment

Originally posted by lolpz View Post
                Lost his title to a pizza delivery man in his backyard by decision, goes on twitter to talk ****.

Lol
                Lol. I know, right? You'd think he would've learnt some humility.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                  I don't see how Eubank Sr achieved way more winning straps at two weights made more defenses, fought and beat way better fighters than DeGale.

He was a flat out different level to DeGale.
                  Eubank was a duck who has literaly a half dozen robberies
                  on his record. He got called EuCoward for a reason....

Degale woulda schooled the bum and Groves would ko him...

Comment

Originally posted by Mastrangelo
                    He was not. Neither were Barkley, DeWitt, or McClellan.
                    That's not to say he wasn't good or dangerous, but there was a level above what he competed against and he never really stepped up.

McCallum, Kalambay, Jones, Toney, Nunn, Reggie Johnson - those were elite of that era.

UK Based - Collins and Herol were best.

Eubank and Benn were good, but mostly just got the right push and right opportunities. Overhyped fighters, manufactured stars.
                    McClellan was not an elite fighter?

Wow. I've heard it all.

Also, Herol Graham lost to Jackson - who coincidentally was iced by... you guessed it McClellan (twice).

Collins was never an elite fighter, he was handily beaten by McCallum when they fought. Just because he beat the shell of Benn and a late Eubank doesn't really change that. He wasn't elite.
                    Last edited by LacedUp; 02-17-2018, 04:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by lightsout_finit View Post
                      Eubank was a duck who has literaly a half dozen robberies
                      on his record. He got called EuCoward for a reason....

Degale woulda schooled the bum and Groves would ko him...
                      How come Degale would have done a lot of things but struggles with a polish journeyman for the european title in real life?

Comment

Working...
                      X