Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Matthysse Ends Dull Fight With Knockout of Kiram

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They said that late money made the Thai fighter go from an 8-1 underdog to a 5-1 underdog.

Seems to me like the Thais bet a bunch of money on Matthyse by 8th round KO, in response to the odds shift.

Then, they sent their guy out to survive until the 8th round, and then lie down.

That's why the fight was a stinker also, because Matthyse was out there trying to fight a hard 12 rounds against a tough fighter, and the Thai guy was simply trying to survive until round 8, so that he could then lie down for his nap time.

Comment

• The Thai guy was trying it just wasn’t enough for him

Comment

• Originally posted by Virgil Caine View Post
        They said that late money made the Thai fighter go from an 8-1 underdog to a 5-1 underdog.

Seems to me like the Thais bet a bunch of money on Matthyse by 8th round KO, in response to the odds shift.

Then, they sent their guy out to survive until the 8th round, and then lie down.

That's why the fight was a stinker also, because Matthyse was out there trying to fight a hard 12 rounds against a tough fighter, and the Thai guy was simply trying to survive until round 8, so that he could then lie down for his nap time.
        The Thai was up in the cards 4-3.

Comment

• Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
          That is absolutely irrelevant.

That's not surprising at all, either, if you watched the fight.

I didn't think it at first, but the HBO guys pretty obviously thought it was a dive. So I watched it back a couple times, and I think the scenario I described is not unlikely.

It would affect the tempo of the fight.

There wasn't a ton of action, and there wasn't a whole lot to separate them. I think that Matthyse was comfortable enough anyway, but the problem was the Thai guy not trying to fight back. Notice how a brief fight broke out in the 8th round?

He went down from two jabs, and the second one was completely delayed. Sure it's possible to throw a punch and get hit while you are throwing, but it looked suspicious just on its face.

You have a 39-0 Thai guy, who's big enough to be problematic with his size alone? Maybe they wanted to find a real wiseguy way here to cash out.

Comment

• Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
            No two judges has Lucas up by 3 and one had Kiram up

Comment

• Originally posted by kidbazooka View Post
              No two judges has Lucas up by 3 and one had Kiram up
              I know but many people had the fight 4-3 either way.

Comment

• It really was a dull fight, matthysse is very one-dimensional at times. I cant see him beating any of the top welterweights.

Comment

• I honestly cannot believe how people can think that knockout was legit. Kiram nearly got knocked dead after a delayed reaction from a jab. Are you shitting me? Matty hits hard but not that hard. Even guys like Klitsckho, Foreman, Kovalev, Lewis couldn't have done that and they have/had ridiculously strong jabs. And it's not like Kiram was hurt from an accumulation of hard shots because Matty wasn't landing much.

Matty is done.

Comment

• Originally posted by Derranged View Post
                    I honestly cannot believe how people can think that knockout was legit. Kiram nearly got knocked dead after a delayed reaction from a jab. Are you shitting me? Matty hits hard but not that hard. Even guys like Klitsckho, Foreman, Kovalev, Lewis couldn't have done that and they have/had ridiculously strong jabs. And it's not like Kiram was hurt from an accumulation of hard shots because Matty wasn't landing much.

Matty is done.
                    I don't think that's fair.

It's hard to look good against a guy that doesn't fight back. I really think that the Thai guy survived until round 8 and laid down, just like I said. He had the size to hang back behind a jab, and do this task.

Matthyse acted like a real fighter in taking this fight. He made his run at 140, so now he's campaigning in a new weight class, and looking for tough fights. He reminds me of guys like Adamek. Adamek has done well for himself by carrying on the way he has, probably made good money, had big fights. Of course, what Matthyse has left is a fair question, but basically at the end of the day it was a forgettable fight, but Matthyse still at least registered a win against a 147 pound contender. It the very least, he can get another big fight and more money, and I'll probably be cheering him on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Virgil Caine View Post
                      I don't think that's fair.

It's hard to look good against a guy that doesn't fight back. I really think that the Thai guy survived until round 8 and laid down, just like I said. He had the size to hang back behind a jab, and do this task.

Matthyse acted like a real fighter in taking this fight. He made his run at 140, so now he's campaigning in a new weight class, and looking for tough fights. He reminds me of guys like Adamek. Adamek has done well for himself by carrying on the way he has, probably made good money, had big fights. Of course, what Matthyse has left is a fair question, but basically at the end of the day it was a forgettable fight, but Matthyse still at least registered a win against a 147 pound contender. It the very least, he can get another big fight and more money, and I'll probably be cheering him on.
                      I agree.

Lucas came to fight against a much bigger undefeated but unknown fighter, it wasn’t his fault Kiram was scared the whole fight so Lucas took what was given to him and at the end he stopped him in exciting fashion.

And on top of that Matthysse finally got his well deserved and long overdue title.

Comment

Working...
                      X