Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Errol Spence Drops, Beats Down Lamont Peterson For TKO Win

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PEDerson never had a chance, but why was Spence allowed to repeatedly hit him low and get only one warning?

Comment

• First watch out if not careful Peterson could win now you fools want Spence a WW to move up 2 div to fight Canella who fights at 175-180 moron little kids here so clueless sad

Comment

• I'm sure Thurman is on the Run who knows where he is now probably Canada but that fight should really scare him off until the end of 2019 as for mention of Spence versus Alvarez come on his frame isn't big enough to go up to 160 and he would lose so much at that weight get fraudverez to come down to 154...

Comment

• Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
          hard to believe that garcia ducked this guy
          It shouldnt be that hard to believe if youve followed Garcias career. He ducked Gamboa and Linares too. 3 winnable fights for him that would have boosted his career and legacy but he ran like a girl

Comment

• Originally posted by bronx7 View Post
            First watch out if not careful Peterson could win now you fools want Spence a WW to move up 2 div to fight Canella who fights at 175-180 moron little kids here so clueless sad
            Yeah there are some morons that get caught in the moment and really need to pump the brakes. If Spence was much Sliker I would even give him a bigger chance but his style??? LMAO!!! He would be Kirland 2.0 Canelo does great with come forward styles that are his size or smaller. GGG was bigger and has a HECK of a CHIN or he wouldn't of lasted either...

And before the GGGTARDS come out saying Canelo was bigger...

Pictures say 1000 words

Comment

• Originally posted by nycsmooth View Post
              I'm sure Thurman is on the Run who knows where he is now probably Canada but that fight should really scare him off until the end of 2019 as for mention of Spence versus Alvarez come on his frame isn't big enough to go up to 160 and he would lose so much at that weight get fraudverez to come down to 154...
              If any welterweight is big enough to move up to 160 and challenge canelo its Spence, hes freaking huge. He probably fought last night at around 165 lbs but even he said himself his walk around weight is 170+ so he definitely has the frame for it, hes basically a 154 lb fighter draining down to 147. Hed be dumb not to stay and try to clean out the division though. Unfortunately hes with Pbc which means he will have a tough time getting top opponents to fight him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
                That's all we need. Steve "breadman" Edwards said if Spence got three fights in and stayed fresh, he might kill somebody in there lol he was dead serious too
                I when i read that

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
                I dont think he has. Funny thing is Shawn fought at 165 (75kg) in amateurs against guys like Andrade and Danny. Keith fought at 152 (69kg). Errol fought at 152 as well but I think people don't realize that 152 is the cap for WW in the amatuers. Errol definitely has the presence of a bigger fighter though. But all that "weight bully" stuff is overblown imo.
                Great post. The only people calling for a guy to move up in weight when he's not ready, are fans of the other fighters in his weight class...not actual boxing fans though.

Originally posted by future hendrixx View Post
                https://youtu.be/sxaALlNBce4

in his 9th pro fight vs lartey he ate a mean right hook that got his attention. belt sounded right after. he dominated the fight though but this is all there is in his pro career as far as being "hurt".
                Yep. That fight is where the "Spence has no chin," stuff came from.

Originally posted by chimichanga2 View Post
                Would love to see Crawford - Spence but you're right. I don't know if Arum will make the fight. I like Crawford more but I think you gotta favor Spence in this match-up.
                Crawford wants to fight Spence, period. Thurman unified at 140, and you think he's going sit at 147 with one belt, and not attempt to fight the guy with the other 3 (assuming Spence beats Thurman)?

Crawford's a throwback, and not picking who wins, but there is absolutely no way he let's Arum or anybody else prevent him from trying to unify. He's not arums puppet, at least from what i see and hear from him.

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                Golovkin is a one-dimensional fighter; folks will have their own opinions, but that's what I see. He'll put on pressure, try to use his "helmet" as his defense, and will largely only consider even throwing a punch if he gets to that mid-range, feigning an activity jab if he has to throw anything long, and basically no activity on the inside.

Errol Spence Jr brings far more skills to any fight than folks could even really tag to Golovkin; super steady jab (that he throws to the head and body, effective with long and in the mid-range), nasty body puncher from the mid range and in close, comfortable throwing the full complement of punches (hadn't seen the uppercut be a real tool until tonight), nasty off of the counter, mixes in the occasional bait punch, etc (saw a bit of switch hitting that was interesting).

Of the names mentioned, Demetrius Andrade is the only one that I've got doubts about (due to his sheer size).

Spence Jr can do too many things to have any real issue with Thurman, I don't think Lara would be able to play keep away long enough to get to the final round and win 7.
                Great post.

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
                Nothing is there. In any other era he would be ranked 100th in the division. Watching him compared to highlights of Corrales-Castillo was crazy. They had more pop in their shots late in the fight than he did at the beginning. He's a weight bully who is only competitive because of his size at 135. In terms of natural skills like jabs, punches, hand speed, power, he is average. If he fought at his natural division 140 he would be ranked 30th in the world. He looks like an average guy that Broner found, put on PEDs, gave diuretics to drain him down to 135 where he'd have a huge height advantage, and then paid off a bunch of judges and refs to protect him because he still can't legitimately beat much smaller men. There is nothing special about him as a boxer and I don't think there ever will be. Not every tall guy is good.
                I was saying last night that I didn't get any of the Easter hype. He has not impressed me in any of his fights.

Comment

• Matthysse did better!! Awaiting hateful responses from the "brothas" in 3...2...1

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
                    I was surprised also. I give Horn lots of props. He could of taken a much easier fight. Even old Pac is still not a walk in the park. And then Crawford???
                    Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
                    Yeah there are some morons that get caught in the moment and really need to pump the brakes. If Spence was much Sliker I would even give him a bigger chance but his style??? LMAO!!! He would be Kirland 2.0 Canelo does great with come forward styles that are his size or smaller. GGG was bigger and has a HECK of a CHIN or he wouldn't of lasted either...

And before the GGGTARDS come out saying Canelo was bigger...

Pictures say 1000 words
                    First off, I wouldn't put any WW in there with Canelo right now. In the future, could I see him and Spence at a cw if both continue to win? Yes.

Second, if you think Errol Spence is James Kirkland 2.0, you have no idea what you are watching.

Comment

• Originally posted by FLY TY View Post
                      I when i read that

Great post. The only people calling for a guy to move up in weight when he's not ready, are fans of the other fighters in his weight class...not actual boxing fans though.

Yep. That fight is where the "Spence has no chin," stuff came from.

Crawford wants to fight Spence, period. Thurman unified at 140, and you think he's going sit at 147 with one belt, and not attempt to fight the guy with the other 3 (assuming Spence beats Thurman)?

Crawford's a throwback, and not picking who wins, but there is absolutely no way he let's Arum or anybody else prevent him from trying to unify. He's not arums puppet, at least from what i see and hear from him.

Great post.

I was saying last night that I didn't get any of the Easter hype. He has not impressed me in any of his fights.
                      Efficient lol I need to start doing this

Comment

Working...
                      X