Cherry picks gone wrong

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
    broner-maidana was a cherry pick gone awfully wrong
    How was that a cherry pick? Didn't Broner pick Maidana cause people said he wouldn't fight the tough fights? I remember him saying he was gonna let the fans pick cause people said he was cherry picking

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
      Ledwaba-Pacquiao, Ledwaba back then was avoided as hell, and he thought picking a no.6 ranked IBF, already knocked out former flyweight was easy. But it turned out to be one of the greatest offensive fighters of all time....lol, it was the first match I've seen from Pac.
      Good pick. Pac took that fight on like 2 weeks notice

Comment

Garcia-Herrera.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
          This is a no-brainer... Tyson/Douglas but an honorable mention would be Tommy Morrison/Michael Bentt
          ^^^^Douglas was a 42-1 underdog.

Comment

Originally posted by larry x.. View Post
            How was that a cherry pick???
            Still considered a light weight two weight classes higher.

Looks good looking back in hindsight much like the Pacquaio fight but at the time it was considered easy pickings by De La Hoya.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
              How was that a cherry pick? Didn't Broner pick Maidana cause people said he wouldn't fight the tough fights? I remember him saying he was gonna let the fans pick cause people said he was cherry picking
              It was considered a cherry pick by the fans but still to this day I don't know why.

I guess Broner was just overhyped that much.

Comment

Hamed vs Barrera. Naseem had originally wanted to fight Morales, but thought Barrera was more suited to him and would tell Manny, "Jones beat him" whenever he told him Barrera wasn't the same fighter.

Comment

pac and his frosted tips

no one knew pirog OR jacobs. both were cherries

morrison vs bentt seemed to be one of the bigger cherry fails.

Comment

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
                    Floyd vs maidana 1
                    You act like Their was a plethora of great fighters, who were all winning and deserving, and Floyd peculiarly picked Marcos for some reason.

When in actuallity, Marcos like ALL of Floyd's other oppoents, was coming off a great standout victory against Broner who was a big name on the rise.

Marcos was simply next up in line.

Comment

Abner Mares vs. Jhonny Gonzalez (arguably)

Comment

Working...
                      X