Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If boxing is about doing damage, Clottey should've won the Pacquaio fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Col. Hans Landa View Post
    Yeah those punch counters can stand next to punch drunks.. every gym and boxing site needs one.. sure Rock... "Glurp Glurp".. "I'm drowning in punches"..."I'm punch drunk"
    LOL, at least the 'punch drunk' guys will know how to score a professional boxing match............. Rockin'

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
      the best punch.... as in the one that does the most damage?

You're probably correct though. Knowing as many ex-fighters that I do certainly backs up your assumption that boxing is, never has and never will be, about damage..................Rockin'
      Walmart greeters don't count . . . . Just cause they gave you a beating doesn't mean they know what they are talking about

Comment

No way clottey won that fight,,, And thats the bottomline because stonecold said so

Comment

Originally posted by Sun Diego View Post
          Walmart greeters don't count . . . .
          And neither do you.............. Rockin'

Comment

A bunch of punch counters in here, maybe you guys could replace those clickers that they use in the amateurs. Go to your local amateur club and get involved, they can never have too many really good punch counters around those kinds of places.......... Rockin'
            Meanwhile you can perhaps learn basic reading comprehension because it's quite clear you're struggling here.

Comment

LOL, at least the 'punch drunk' guys will know how to score a professional boxing match............. Rockin'
              And how's that then by having damage as a scoring criteria despite the fact it isn't? And that's factual.

Clean affective punching is a criteria, those are likely to cause damage (although not always) considering they are clean...and affective.

It's not difficult to grasp.

There are four objective scoring criteria. Damage isn't one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                Meanwhile you can perhaps learn basic reading comprehension because it's quite clear you're struggling here.
                Who me? You're the one who quoted me and then proceeded to say nearly the same thing as I did. As in facial blemishes/cuts are meaningless in the scoring.

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                And how's that then by having damage as a scoring criteria despite the fact it isn't? And that's factual.

Clean affective punching is a criteria, those are likely to cause damage (although not always) considering they are clean...and affective.

It's not difficult to grasp.

There are four objective scoring criteria. Damage isn't one of the .
                Please sir, would you educate me on what an effective blow is and what an ineffective blow is, and then please explain what makes one effective blow better than another in the professional ring. Click-click-click-click-click LOL........... ..............Rockin'
                Last edited by Rockin'; 04-13-2014, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Who me? You're the one who quoted me and then proceeded to say nearly the same thing as I did. As in facial blemishes/cuts are meaningless in the scoring.
                  No. I didn't quote you.

You are the one who quoted me saying damage is part of the scoring criteria, which it is not.

But you've just said it's not in your last setance there so again not entirely sure where you're still lost.

Please sir, would you educate me on what an effective blow is and what an ineffective blow is, and then please explain what makes one effective blow better than another in the professional ring. Click-click-click-click-click LOL........... ..............Rockin'
                  Clean affective punches are punches are exactly that, clean, solid blows.

Inaffective punches are shots that aren't landed clean or solid.

Obviously like I've stated multiple times, clean affective punches are likely to cause damage (Although not always)

But again, like I've stated from the start and which you quoted me disputing, damage is not a scoring criteria, fights are not scored on damage.

This is the professional criteria for scoring. Not Amateur.

Comment

Working...
                  X