No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Adrien Broner Eyes Juan Manuel Marquez, Ricky Burns

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by richardt View Post
    Jessie James Leija and the still viable John John Molina were solid wins against former champs, along with Holiday who had a good run himself. Mosley was special. He will be sadly missed.
    Molina had done NOTHING since losing to De La Hoya over 3 years earlier. That wasn't a solid win.

Leija was a decent win I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
      Molina had done NOTHING since losing to De La Hoya over 3 years earlier. That wasn't a solid win.

Leija was a decent win I guess.
      Barely decent.

They were half decent names at that point, nothing more.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        Barely decent.

They were half decent names at that point, nothing more.
        I agree. Shane had one quality win at 135, Holiday. Yet he's some ATG Lightweight to people. H2H, sure. Resume wise, no way.

Comment

Originally posted by Priest Andretti View Post
          Years from now no one will be able to say that this kid didn't go after the best challenges.
          I thought the same about FLoyd when he was Broner's age. Floyd had better wins by this time and called out DLH, Leija, Mosely and Tszyu. Neither would fight him but he is now labelled as a duck. Trust me, Broner will get heat as his career progressed for chit fans make up.

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
            Which is why I said, "JMM won't be willing to drain himself down to 135 at this point in his career." Broner needs to go to 140 to make it happen. To me its the perfect fight for Broner to breakthrough to the P4P ranks. JMM is getting a little long in the tooth, still will be considered P4P, and we already saw how JMM looked against the shoulder roll style. If I'm Broner, I'm doing whatever to make this fight happen. Kinda reminds me of the Pac-DLH situation.
            Bad comparison. JMM fought Floyd who doesn't just soulder roll. He has head movement and way better footwork than Broner. Broner is more stationary and doesn't move his head a lot. JMM would not be easily beaten by Broner.

Comment

Oh lord. JMM will price himself out on this fight, mark my word.

Comment

[QUOTE=4Corners;12711549]Molina had done NOTHING since losing to De La Hoya over 3 years earlier. That wasn't a solid win.QUOTE]The only guys Molina lost to were the best of the division. In fact, Molina has never lost to a guy who was not a champ in his entire career.
                Last edited by richardt; 11-18-2012, 07:31 PM.

Comment

demarco win was impressive but hes a lil too green for marquez right now ,
                  id say he needs to move to the deeper 140 division

rios, garcia , good fights

Comment

How about Marquez at 140 then? Marquez is not going down to 135 unless Broner can give him a paycheck above 2 mill, which is not going to happen.

Comment

Now I know there's a lot of broner haters out there..... He is a bit ofa gob ****e but he's gt talent he skooled the so called best at lightweight. If he backs his mouth up with boxing master classes then I'm all for it.

Comment

Working...
                      X