No announcement yet.

sept 16 100 year anniversary of Mexican independence

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
    The pyramids are amazing. What's more amazing about them is that it was basically a stone aged civilization, with no beasts of burden. All those gigantic structures were built by hand.

In Egypt, they had the luxury of learning from each other and trading technology from previous civilizations.

For me one of the coolest places the "cenotes" in the Mayan jungle, open fresh water springs in the middle of the jungle that go hundreds and hundreds of miles deep.
    I actually enjoyed the mayan pyramids better then egypts...sphinx was cool & the temples were cool along with the red sea...the incas macchu picchu was cool as well but I like the Mayan culture best I think...

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
      I actually enjoyed the mayan pyramids better then egypts...sphinx was cool & the temples were cool along with the red sea...the incas macchu picchu was cool as well but I like the Mayan culture best I think...
      Sounds like you have done some traveling, I would love to go to Egypt.

Mayan culture is amazing, they used to think they were more intellectual and less war like than the Aztecs and Toltecs but they come to find out, they were about as brutal as those tribes as well.

There have been some new discoveries concerning the Maya as of late, it's amazing there is still plenty of sights being discovered and artifacts being found.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
        Sounds like you have done some traveling, I would love to go to Egypt.

Mayan culture is amazing, they used to think they were more intellectual and less war like than the Aztecs and Toltecs but they come to find out, they were about as brutal as those tribes as well.

There have been some new discoveries concerning the Maya as of late, it's amazing there is still plenty of sights being discovered and artifacts being found.
        yes I have been to a few places...it keeps you young discovering new culture & knowledge...it's the secret to staying young...I've been to the sun & moon pyramids by Mexico city,palenque,tulum,chitchen itza,& several others in Mexico,copan in Honduras,Tikal in Guatemala.I actually have 4 Mayan tattoos I got on my travels.

Comment

yes I have been to a few places...it keeps you young discovering new culture & knowledge...it's the secret to staying young...I've been to the sun & moon pyramids by Mexico city,palenque,tulum,chitchen itza,& several others in Mexico,copan in Honduras,Tikal in Guatemala.I actually have 4 Mayan tattoos I got on my travels.
          Wow, I'm jealous.

Yea I do nothing but read, mostly non fiction historical stuff. I love war history as well, mostly WWII.

I have never been to Tikal or Copan but would love to go. The pyramids in tikal are so unique, I bet it was amazing standing next to them.

Comment

I'm going to cancun for this party.I'll stay in a hotel not an all inclusive.i'll check out bullfights,snorkel,drink,hookers & blow....once in a lifetime event but before I leave I'll slip over to chitchen itza on sept 21 for the fall equinox where the sun shines on the el castillo Mayan pyramid making a shadow as if the snake is crawling down the side...twice a year march 21 it happens too.the mayans were amazing.been there before but not for the equinox
            Missed this one, Joe, did you have a good vacation?

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
              Missed this one, Joe, did you have a good vacation?
              lol! that was 2010... I'm in Varadero at the moment. Trying to get my camera memory card to work. My underwater camera broke & one of my standard camera all of a sudden isn't recognized by my laptop. I have no idea why so I'm puttimg stuff on discs then loading to laptop. I was in a bat cave & have lots of coral reef vids. What a pain. Only my gopro & iphone work. At least can use gopro underwater. Been here a week & got another 5 days left. Maybe Havana for 2 or 3 but could just stay here the rest of the trip. I might hit the Bay Of Pigs for some snorkelling & an alligator farm...

Comment

Working...
              X