No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather Jr. has beaten 3 Lineal Welterweight Champions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MyHonestyIsReal View Post
    Whether Margarito cheated vs. Cotto is irrelevant because I don't count that loss against him, what is relevant is the beating that Miguel Cotto took. I though he lost the Clottey 114-113, at the very least it was as close as the Zab-Baldomir fight.

What I feel like you do is see one opposition's faults while you don't see the others. Personally, I think De La Hoya looked twice as good coming into the Floyd fight than Cotto did coming in to the Pacquiao fight. DLH was coming off a dominating KO win over Mayorga, while Cotto was abused by Margarito, fought a bum, then had a razor thin decision against a mid-level 147 guy.
    Dude Oscar was not in his prime anymore when he fought Mayorga and you consider Mayorga a top JMW?

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
      What version of Oscar?
      the verson floyd fought at 154, beats cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by Equinox View Post
        the verson floyd fought at 154, beats cotto.
        Oh noooo sir... that is your opinion and I respected but I disagree. That version of Oscar was done... He was a part time fighter full time promoter at that time. His record going into that in 4yrs was 2-2 and it should of been 1-3. I don't that Oscar beats Cotto. The Oscar that fought the Mosley rematch or the Oscar the fought Vargas than yea I would agree. But, not that Oscar.

Comment

Originally posted by pugay_kamay View Post
          Dude Oscar was not in his prime anymore when he fought Mayorga and you consider Mayorga a top JMW?
          I consider Mayorga to have been on the same level at JMW as Clottey was at WW. Who's Clottey beaten? Zab Judah?

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
            Oh noooo sir... that is your opinion and I respected but I disagree. That version of Oscar was done... He was a part time fighter full time promoter at that time. His record going into that in 4yrs was 2-2 and it should of been 1-3. I don't that Oscar beats Cotto. The Oscar that fought the Mosley rematch or the Oscar the fought Vargas than yea I would agree. But, not that Oscar.
            Oscar's not a middleweight, so his record in his past fights doesn't mean anything to me. The only thing that means something to me is how Oscar looked in the ring vs. Floyd, and he looked good.

Comment

Originally posted by baracuda View Post
              cotto would beat the **** out of them guys at a reasonble weight....we all know what happened to zab.
              Exactly. Cotto beat the **** out of Judah, and Floyd barely beat Judah IMO, thanks to his father chocking Judah during that melee that Sr. started. The fact that Floyd hasn't fought any of the top WW, Cotto, Mosley, and Margarito, makes him the biggest fraud evah.

Comment

Originally posted by rommel357 View Post
                Exactly. Cotto beat the **** out of Judah, and Floyd barely beat Judah IMO, thanks to his father chocking Judah during that melee that Sr. started. The fact that Floyd hasn't fought any of the top WW, Cotto, Mosley, and Margarito, makes him the biggest fraud evah.
                So now Mayweather barely beat Judah?

Comment

Oscar's not a middleweight, so his record in his past fights doesn't mean anything to me. The only thing that means something to me is how Oscar looked in the ring vs. Floyd, and he looked good.
                  Oscar only won 3rds against Floyd 4 if you being generous so how did Oscar looked good? He was competitive for the first 8rds after that he was done. Like he always has. And, is not even that he looked good is that Floyd didn't look so good. Cuz he was not a JMW at the time. Even though if Floyd would of put a lil bit more pressure he would of stopped Oscar. But, that is not Floyd style. But, that version of Oscar was done. Forrest would of beaten him, Spinks would of beaten him. Cotto would of beaten him.

Comment

So now Mayweather barely beat Judah?
                    Uh yeah, IMO. Did you watch that fight, if that melee didn't happened, who knows how it could've gone instead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=din0rds-EfI
                    Last edited by rommel357; 12-05-2009, 09:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chups View Post
                      You also gotta have common sense that whoever put that list in there aren't dumb either. Why they didn't have a lineal champ from 2005-2008 is beyond me. There's got to be a reason, I don't know the answer yet.
                      Judah was lineal champ. there is no dispute about that.

Comment

Working...
                      X