No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs Pacquiao ; keys to victory

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mayweather vs Pacquiao ; keys to victory

I see only one way Mayweather can win, and that is to get on his bicycle for 12 rounds and use is jab. Cotto has a great jab and he used it well in round 1 untill Manny started attacking him. If Floyd is jabbing and backing up, Manny will have a hard time catching him even with his fast feet. I don't think Floyd can keep him off with his jab, but he can score a lot of points with it. Manny is good at attacking and slipping the jab, but when he's setting up there is a bit of time for him to get popped with it, or even the right hand (JMM).

For Manny, he just needs to attack and use his right hook a lot. He has a very fast right hook. Floyds shoulder roll defense does little to defend against a right hook, esp a fast one that Manny has been using as a jab and a hook. If Floyd revert back to a normal hands up defense like he did against Zab, this gives Manny some time to land his straight left through the gloves. I only see this happening if Floyd hits the ropes. Manny has quick hands but being the shorter guy it will take a lot of speed and timing to catch a guy like Mayweather backing up.

Other than those 2 points, I think Manny has a serious strength and power advantage, at 147, I'd edge hand speed to FMJ and footspeed, although you could argue that Manny's left hand is the quickest in the business.

In terms of size, I don't think Floyd is that big. He's only Cotto's height and he is a lot skinnier. Manny looked damned near as big as Cotto and standing beside FMJ I would reckon his head is 2 times as big as Floyds tiny head.

right now I think Floyd will win this by Ud, running backwards. I give Manny a huge chance as well if he can catch him (who knows how Floyd will react to Manny's punches)

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
    I see only one way Mayweather can win, and that is to get on his bicycle for 12 rounds and use is jab. Cotto has a great jab and he used it well in round 1 untill Manny started attacking him. If Floyd is jabbing and backing up, Manny will have a hard time catching him even with his fast feet. I don't think Floyd can keep him off with his jab, but he can score a lot of points with it. Manny is good at attacking and slipping the jab, but when he's setting up there is a bit of time for him to get popped with it, or even the right hand (JMM).

For Manny, he just needs to attack and use his right hook a lot. He has a very fast right hook. Floyds shoulder roll defense does little to defend against a right hook, esp a fast one that Manny has been using as a jab and a hook. If Floyd revert back to a normal hands up defense like he did against Zab, this gives Manny some time to land his straight left through the gloves. I only see this happening if Floyd hits the ropes. Manny has quick hands but being the shorter guy it will take a lot of speed and timing to catch a guy like Mayweather backing up.

Other than those 2 points, I think Manny has a serious strength and power advantage, at 147, I'd edge hand speed to FMJ and footspeed, although you could argue that Manny's left hand is the quickest in the business.

In terms of size, I don't think Floyd is that big. He's only Cotto's height and he is a lot skinnier. Manny looked damned near as big as Cotto and standing beside FMJ I would reckon his head is 2 times as big as Floyds tiny head.

right now I think Floyd will win this by Ud, running backwards. I give Manny a huge chance as well if he can catch him (who knows how Floyd will react to Manny's punches)
    pacquiao needs to utilize his handspeed and footspeed effectively and use the ever important right hook. i think manny's got this but it wont be a walk in the park. no way in hell floyd ko's manny IMO

Comment

Floyd's legs alone can win him the fight, pot shot, right hand, lead hook, and clinch. He has more reach to do so.

Pacman needs to use his combinations to keep Floyd on the defense and not throw back.

Comment

Originally posted by ShermanKlump View Post
        Floyd's legs alone can win him the fight, pot shot, right hand, lead hook, and clinch. He has more reach to do so.

Pacman needs to use his combinations to keep Floyd on the defense and not throw back.
        and stay away from that forearm to the throat Floyd loves to throw.

Comment

If Pacquiao wants to win he has to fight like Joe Calzaghe. Forget trying to box with Floyd, just try to chase him down and swamp him with activity, and throw quick real hard shots.

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post

Thanks for being unbiased, 50/50 for me man.

Comment

manny has the strongest chance strictly on the form book of defeating floyd BUT

manny has not fought a right handed fighter who was an elite since marquez

marquez - elite right handed draw and SD
              diaz - class b TKO LOSS
              de la hoya - elite but left handed TKO LOSS
              hatton - class b - over rated TKO LOSS
              cotto - elite but left handed TKO LOSS

mayweather is right and left handed!!!

and mayweather has a very strong left hook and a even better straight right hand - watch the sharmba mitchel fight where floyd lands the right with ease against a speedy admittally faded south-paw, he lands on the body and head!!

also mayweather has great footspeed and handspeed i dont know if he has advantages over manny in this cateorgy!!!

i do believe that floyd will be as big as manny he has superior reach and height, the reach bit is important because floyd is fundamentally a boxer he does not lend in like cotto and de la hoya which subtracts the advantage of reach and height

floyd will defo pot shot in this fight and he will find mannys upper body movement hard to read but floyds accuracy is fantastic so i can see him for sure being able to land!!

manny has a great right hand which has improved massively but i still believe that is left hand is so much better because he has more power in that hand but he does not focus and is not left hand happy anymore!!!! mayweather has a great defense for the left hand and right hands but its just the speed and output of mannys that would worry floyd but against marquez when manny got countered he ran out of ideas for 2 rounds i think it was round 4 or so!!

i also dont think manny will be able to land cleanly on floyd enough to be able to make a dent on him

i can see floyd possibley causing a flash knock downs!!

i cant ****ing wait anyway!!!!!

Comment

The left hook and straight right are good vs southpaws and those are Floyd's best 2 weapons. His key to victory is keeping Manny guessing and using his lateral movement and reach to his advantage. It may shock Manny being in front of someone with excellent movement who is able to fight going backwards.

As for Manny he also has a strong and quick left hand and the new right hook/jab that could keep Floyd guessing. I think Manny may have to buzz about a bit and not get too anxious. He'll have to try close the gap and catch Floyd with meaningful flurries as opposed to crowd pleasing ones like DLH did vs Floyd. Good head movement is a necessity as Floyd is tremendously accurate.

Comment

For both fighters its all about Jabbing.

Comment

Pacquiao has the foot speed and the hand speed to make Mayweather fight.

If Mayweather can make Pacquiao respect his power, then he can keep Manny off of him and dictate the pace.

If Pacquiao feels like he can take Mayweather's shots. He can pick his spots with his in-and-out movement and unpredictable offense.

We'll be able to tell who's going to win the fight in the first two or three rounds.

Comment

Working...
                    X