No announcement yet.

Darchiryan -- hype job???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darchiryan -- hype job???

Weird. I've been reading some post on Darchiryan and most people really believe he is a hype job. Is it because of his losses to Agbeko and Donaire?

If you win 3 belts,regardless of a depth of the talent per boxing org, ... with solid wins on mijares, arce, kirilov... is not a definition of hype job.

You can say he has crappy defense, gets away with power, and a thousand other reasons ... so you can justify that he is not an elite fighter. That I can agree and that may be true. But if you are looking at that point, you must realize that Darchiryan is really an overachiever not a hype job. Much respect to the guy.

How the **** is he a hypejob? He's undisputed champ of his 2nd division now.

Comment

He isn't really a hypejob but he dont fair well against people who know what they are doing.... ala getting ktfo by Donaire and not doing **** against Agbeko(who is probably the weakest of all the bantam champs)

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
        He isn't really a hypejob but he dont fair well against people who know what they are doing.... ala getting ktfo by Donaire and not doing **** against Agbeko(who is probably the weakest of all the bantam champs)
        From the other thread, you said he is one of those hypejobs. If this is your real assessment then you're alright. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by tesla_power View Post
          Weird. I've been reading some post on Darchiryan and most people really believe he is a hype job. Is it because of his losses to Agbeko and Donaire?

If you win 3 belts,regardless of a depth of the talent per boxing org, ... with solid wins on mijares, arce, kirilov... is not a definition of hype job.

You can say he has crappy defense, gets away with power, and a thousand other reasons ... so you can justify that he is not an elite fighter. That I can agree and that may be true. But if you are looking at that point, you must realize that Darchiryan is really an overachiever not a hype job. Much respect to the guy.
          He is what he is. He tries to intimidate you with power which seems to work most of the time. He can be outboxed and has poor defense.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Happy View Post
            He is what he is. He tries to intimidate you with power which seems to work most of the time. He can be outboxed and has poor defense.
            Yup. I'd agree which is why I say he is an overachiever more than anything.

Comment

Originally posted by mangler View Post
              How the **** is he a hypejob? He's undisputed champ of his 2nd division now.
              Agreed, he made it to undisputed champion and took out some big names he cant be a hypejob.

Comment

Originally posted by tesla_power View Post
                From the other thread, you said he is one of those hypejobs. If this is your real assessment then you're alright. Thanks.
                I just dont like Darchinyan. I can't recall calling him a hypejob but I know I dont like him. He just never grew on me as a fighter.

Comment

no. knocking out mijares is a great win and i think people brand him as a hype job cause he acts like a clown before and after fights

Comment

Working...
                  X