Collapse
No announcement yet.

Troubles starting again? Real IRA claims Co Down car bombing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was watching the warrenpoint bombing documentry at the weekend .Think i've got a f-----g curse on me ,just joking lmao . Hope you's Irish get peace man.

Comment

Originally posted by S K I N View Post
      You cant say the people want to be part of the UK anyway?
      There wouldn't be any trouble if that was the case,
      It is pride on the catholic side I feel we want our country back and are rightly so but I don't think through terrorism will it happen, If it ever happens at all unfortunately
      True my bad. From what I have seen on TV, looks like N ireland want to not join, but I don't know exactly. Probably media making **** up then :s

Comment

fuuck the english

Comment

bastards at it again today/last night

In my local town/village.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_...d/10347051.stm

Hundreds of people are still out of their homes following a bomb alert at a police station in County Tyrone.

A large area around Aughnacloy PSNI station remains closed as army experts examine a white van which was abandoned at Dungannon Road on Thursday at 2210 BST.

About 350 people left their homes and spent the night in three halls.

A local councillor said he understood the van contained a bomb made up of 300 - 500 pounds of explosives.

Police have not confirmed this.

Residents said the van was left outside the PSNI station, the door was lying open and the engine was running.

Dissident republicans have been responsible for a number of car bomb attacks on police stations in Northern Ireland this year.

It is understood a burnt out car was found just over the border from Aughnacloy, in the Republic of Ireland.

Some roads around the village remain cordoned off in the security operation and Aughnacloy Primary School will be closed all day.

The main street in Aughnacloy is now partially open and the A5 is accessible, however the main Aughnacloy to Dungannon road is closed.

The alert was raised in a telephone warning to a Belfast newspaper office. It is believed the call was from dissident republicans and the caller used a recognised code word.

DUP councillor Sammy Brush said it appeared to be a large bomb.

"I have been told reliably by a police officer that it was a viable device, it contained commercial explosives and would appear to be somewhere in the region of 300 pounds and 500 hundred pounds of commercial explosives.

"I understand it was a viable device. Had it gone off, it would have caused serious destruction and death," he said.

"There is nothing getting in, or out, of the vicinity of the police station."

Mr Brush said only an hour's warning was given and it was difficult, in that time frame, to get elderly people and young children out of bed and out of their homes.

He said the evacuation seemed "fairly well organised" and that there was "no panic".

"There's a little bit of anger and disbelief but I suppose the longer this goes on, the feelings will probably get stronger."

Ulster Unionist MLA for Fermanagh and South Tyrone Tom Elliott said it was "deeply distressing" such incidents were "becoming a familiar feature of life in Northern Ireland once again".

"Unfortunately, the events of recent months have shown that there is no such thing as being too careful - these thugs have no respect for life," he added.

"Their determination to injure and maim is indiscriminate."

SDLP MLA Tommy Gallagher said: "Those who planted this device show a selfish contempt for the people of Aughnacloy who deserve to live their lives without fear of violence.

"The SDLP has always condemned the use of violence. It was wrong in the past and it is still wrong now. Anyone with information should contact the police immediately."

I drove right past that last night on the way to work, about 15-25 minutes before the warning was given. ****ing loads of cops about the village on my way home, and to think, had they done that a little earlier, i woulda had the night of work.

Good to see no one in the town giving a **** this morning on my way through, people laughing and joking around as usual, but with loads more cops around

Comment

Trying to whip **** up after the Bloody Sunday apologies to make Sinn Fein and the IRA look bad.

Comment

Have the IRA claimed this was them?

Comment

Italy > Ireland

Comment

Originally posted by omarinbox View Post
                  Trying to whip **** up after the Bloody Sunday apologies to make Sinn Fein and the IRA look bad.
                  What does this mean? Who is trying to "whip **** up"?

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
                    Italy > Ireland

GTFO out mah thread, Georges.

Ain't no place for Italians in here

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
                      What does this mean? Who is trying to "whip **** up"?
                      Squeal you of all people know how the brits like to whip **** up

Comment

Working...
                      X