Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you spank your children? (NEED ADVICE)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1) again, if spankings worked, parents wouldnt have to keep doing it.

2) spanking anyone whos unable to speak is counterproductive. a parent wants the baby to stop crying and thinks spanking him/her will do the trick !

3) if your child can speak, TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THAT !!!!!!!!! EXPLAIN to them what they did was wrong. teaching a kid to THINK before DOING is very powerful.

4) if for no other reason, kids grow up. youll never know if theyve been holding on to that memory and waiting for revenge.

why must violence always win out ?!?!?!?!?!?

Comment

• Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
      Three weeks ago, I found out I'm going to be a father. Twins. I was excited for it initially then I'm now nervous as hell.

So, do you spank your children when they misbehave? By misbehave I mean, they kept screaming on you, kicking your feet for not getting what they want, then even if you try to talk to them, they'll scream even more. Would that be the line to spank them lightly in their ass?

First of all...Certainly NOT at such a young age. Kids naturally will tantrum, act out, cry because these are things they need to do as infants and toddlers. Think about it this way: a child is learning language at a breakneck speed but does not have command if it yet, how is it going to express itself?

later on when a kid gets to be past toddler age, there are debates about this. First off one of the best advocated for children was the late great Fred Rogers (Mr Rogers) and he said "no spanking." He was a genius with kids, and while creeps imitate him, he was authentic and really loved kids the right way. he is a good guy to go by under the circumstances.

As a father of two boys, 13 and 19 occasionally I did spank my kids. Boys are boys and get pretty disrespectful. When I say occasionally I mean maybe ten times entirely for the both combined... If that many times. Here is a rule of thumb about spanking: Never spank out of anger. Thats wrong, that is not showing "you really screwed up" it is showing a weakness on your part. Also, a spanking is for effect, I don't believe in leaving any marks, to me that is excessive.

having said that you can get by with no spanking but I have found that it depends on your kids! You can set limits and set an example, that is the best way to deal with discipline. I never broke my word to my boys and they know that they would be shamed beyond belief if they broke their word to someone. Also no matter what they know I love and adore them and if you love your kids, that will cover for most mistakes one makes as a parent. be honest with your kids...Kids have the best BS detectors, think of yourself as a kid...we all knew the creepy parents when i was coming up. If you are honest and explain why you are being a hardazz for example, your kids will understand.

It has been interesting the comments here. I will say this. Teaching your kids to fear you is not teaching your kids to respect you, and a couple of people seem to get this confused. I never want to be feared by my kids, i want them to do the right thing because its the right thing to do, not out of social coercion.

We were all probably whooped in my generation. I would never take an instrument like a belt to my kids.

Again from congradulations!! Its quite an experience. my one boy is almost out of reform school, I mean college and my other one is starting high school next year. It seems like yesterday I was carrying them around with a diaper bag.
      Last edited by billeau2; 01-30-2017, 04:28 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by engleby View Post
        i taught both my kids how to read before they started school' i sat them down and talked to them. both of them have good jobs and instl the same family values to there kids. so i believe hiting ye own kids is wrong. as for the wife smack that ***** up
        If you don't think a kid needs a swat on his ass when he is throwing a fit in the middle of a store or for constant disobeying their parent in public you are sadly delusional. Some kids don't need spankings or they just don't work, some kids they do. Trust me you got lucky. My son has the funniest face when he tunes someone out. I'd love to see how long your patience would last when an 8 year old looks at you like your stupid while your explaining why he shouldn't talk in class. I cut all that out with him 2 swats on the back side and he's nice and tuned for 30 days. My youngest I tell him I won't talk to him he straightens right up. Either way when you find a consequence that works stick to it but there is always a consequence for bad behavior. if not your kid grows up to be some liberal ***** that believes crime shouldn't be punished.

Comment

• my son or daughter never looked at me like i was stupid when they were 8 yrs old, they do now theyve grown up like

Comment

• Spank my kids?

Nah

I beat them.

Comment

• parents who spank/beat their kids have to admit that they are poor communicators. lets face it, kids will be kids. we didnt like it when our loving giants beat us up. why pass that on ?

people want to claim spankings/beatings make us the civilized people that we are. well, most serial killers become that way because they were beaten as kids. parents should put themselves in the kids shoes; you see this giant person who claims to love you, coming at you with a fury.

the parents might think it wont hurt, but to a child ?!?!?! its a combo of pain and humiliation. and cant 1 parent tell me they hold back once the beating commences. the kid will be lucky if a weapon isnt used.

if a child is acting out and is able to speak, try talking. this is the time their brain is ready to learn. if talking doesnt work, pack up those bags and drop the kid/s off at the neatest bus stop.

beatings/spankings are a way for parents to take out their frustrations, not a damn thing about discipline.

Comment

• Not yet, but as soon as she acts up, all I have to do is look at her, I refuse to let her make me look like a weak dad, especially in public.

If you let your child kick and scream and throw things in public, then you're beta as fuck.

Comment

• Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
                  Not yet, but as soon as she acts up, all I have to do is look at her, I refuse to let her make me look like a weak dad, especially in public.

If you let your child kick and scream and throw things in public, then you're beta as fuck.
                  and hitting someone whos 1/5th your size is badassery ? if a giant has to resort to beatings, then maybe the midget won ?

#PhyrricVictoriesBiotches

Comment

• https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=749_1487374173

no words

Comment

Working...
                    X