Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joseph Parker Edges Carlos Takam In Heavyweight Title Eliminator

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by damned1974 View Post
    I see soooooo many problems with Parker it's not even funny. Forget about rushing him into a Joshua fight-Joshua is better in every aspect-literally.

Parker looked so disorganized it wasn't funny. I think he needs at least 2-3 years of learning before he gets in the ring with anyone ranked top ten... I am not even confident he beats an old Briggs or an old Thompson. All this talk of Parker's power and speed is horse-****.

Anyone who thinks Wilder's footwork is bad really needs to look at Parker. I know he stepped up a few levels in competition tonight,but there are some things that shouldn't falter even in this event.
    Wow. Do you even know who Takam is? You're acting like this was a win against a bum. Takam is top 10.. COMFORTABLY top 10.

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
      do you even know who carlos takam is? at least take a moment to familiarise yourself with his boxrec profile. he has already comfortably beaten thompson

takam is a solid top 10 who comes to win, not some washed-up journeyman or second-tier prospect

anyone who didn't foresee parker having a hard time today either vastly overestimated him or vastly underestimated takam
      Please don't......

I don't care how solid you think Takam is-Parker looked like he was going to fold like an ironing board if Takam brought even an inch more pressure. I am not confident in Parker. In fact, I wouldn't fancy his chances against Whyte, Duhaupas, Chisora, or even Molina let alone anyone who is above that level. I would place stacks of money against him (literally) if he fought Duhaupas. This tells you what level he is.

Sure I figured Takam should give him a run for his money, BUT it is HOW he looked and a lot of the things he needs to iron out before even being mentioned as better than the C level fighters.

Comment

Please don't......

I don't care how solid you think Takam is-Parker looked like he was going to fold like an ironing board if Takam brought even an inch more pressure. I am not confident in Parker. In fact, I wouldn't fancy his chances against Whyte, Duhaupas, Chisora, or even Molina let alone anyone who is above that level. I would place stacks of money against him (literally) if he fought Duhaupas. This tells you what level he is.

Sure I figured Takam should give him a run for his money, BUT it is HOW he looked and a lot of the things he needs to iron out before even being mentioned as better than the C level fighters.
        and you would lose that stack of money

Comment

I would place stacks of money against him (literally) if he fought Duhaupas. This tells you what level he is.
          No, it tells me to never, ever take betting advice from you.

Ever.

Comment

He showed good hand speed and grit.

Otherwise, the lack of defence, the gassing in 5 rounds and the lack of impact his punches had are concerns.

Can't see any way he doesn't get blasted out early by a Wilder or Joshua.

Comment

i fancy a joshua-pulev and parker-whyte double-header in the UK in autumn
              would be great

Comment

and you would lose that stack of money
                Parker would more than likely get ko'd by Duhaupas or any other similar level opponent-let's not even discuss the likelyhood or outcome if he faced top opponents. Where was the speed and power that has been so boasted about with Parker-the two main assets he was supposed to have? Let's not talk about the million flaws this kid has-he honestly doesn't even look like a major talent.....maybe him and Charles Martin need to fight. lmao

Don't take this personal, I am just calling it like I see it. Just my opinion.

Comment

Reyes gloves too, Takam kinda slapped sometimes, all baby joseph has so far is courage, decent chin and some handspeed, his skill is too basic but he has natural flow
                  I agree he is aspiring B level, Duhaupas is a great contest
                  Last edited by Flabble Scrote; 05-21-2016, 07:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by KillaCamNZ View Post
                    No, it tells me to never, ever take betting advice from you.

Ever.
                    Tells me that only a fool from NZ believes in this massive flop of hype. Do you even think he stands a chance against the B level, let alone the upper tier???? This dude was flopping all over the place and winded after displaying a very slow pace and low work-rate. He is New Zealand's version of David Price....or maybe Audley-minus the gold medal!

Comment

Originally posted by Pusnuts View Post
                      Reyes gloves too, all baby joseph has so far is courage, decent chin and some handspeed, his skill is too basic but he has natural flow
                      Hmmm....well, imo the few times he did get hit he was flopping around and looked unorganized. This is because he isn't used to adversity. His handspeed was very so-so....courage, well yes. His skill isn't even good enough to be basic-if it was solid basic, he would have done a LOT of different things.

He looked like he wanted to buy loads of time too by using movement but didn't even look smooth doing it-any half decent guy would have picked up on him taking breaks and would have plowed him down.

To me, it looks like he scraped by this test and he will have to fight maybe a few lesser experienced/skilled guys. To match him with Joshua would be absolute suicide.

Comment

Working...
                      X