Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you rank these Christopher Nolan movies then?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you rank these Christopher Nolan movies then?

I know that 4Corners wanks regularly over the guy, but how do you rank his nine movies?

Here's how I see 'em, in order of ascendance:

9. Interstellar.
    I do like this director, he makes reasonably thoughtful movies that still appeal to the mainstream. This one comes last, not because it's ****, but because the others are better.

8. Inception.
    Okay, maybe a little low, but this is pure "smoke and mirrors", an overrated mess that uses dreams as a pure gimmick to disguise the thinness of plot and the two-dimensional characters whose motivation changes from scene to scene. Please don't tell me this is really "deep" and I don't get it. It isn't.

7. The Dark Knight Rises.
    Got a spinal injury? Don't worry, get someone to punch it back into place and it'll be as good as new. Lost a fight? Don't worry, do exactly what you did before and it'll work next time. Then use a helicopter to carry off a nuclear warhead. Actually, this was pretty wank, wasn't it?

6. The Prestige
    Since I've got older, my memory's got more and more ****ed. This could be the best film Nolan's ever done, but I don't remember it that much. Wasn't Bowie in it or summat?

5. Following.
    Okay, this is maybe a little high. On a purely technical standpoint, including acting, it's obviously by FAR the worst film Nolan's done. This was his semi-pro debut, with a budget so low he even got his uncle in to play one of the parts. The actors involved are not real professionals, and so you have to "buy in" to the "wooden Green Teefs" ethos of it all. But, as with Nolan at his best, it has a really clever plot.

4. Insomnia
    Again, this could be crap or it could be great. I THINK I liked it. Why can't I remember? Al Pacino and Robin Williams, right?

3. The Dark Knight
    This is where he started doing "the voice", innit? Yeah, it's good this one. Overrated as ****, obviously, but good.

2. Batman Begins
    Yeah, really. Suck it.

1. Memento.
    I really need to watch this again, but...

Top 3
    1)The Prestige
    2) Memento
    3)Batman Begins

Comment

Don't Know how interstellar is ranked 9. That movie was amazing.

Comment

1. Memento
        2. Inception
        3. The Dark Knight

Comment

Inception is garbage.

Comment

The past two farts Ive let loose could cure cancer

Comment

Originally posted by krazyn8tive View Post
              The past two farts Ive let loose could cure cancer
              Why's that, you been sucking off Superman?

Comment

1. TDK
                2. The Prestige
                3. Memento
                4. Inception
                5. Batman Begins
                6. Interstellar
                7. TDKR
                8. Insomnia

....not sure if we should even rank Following to be honest. Good flick and concept but it had a shoestring budget and almost felt like watching a (very talented) college student's project film.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
                  1. TDK
                  2. The Prestige
                  3. Memento
                  4. Inception
                  5. Batman Begins
                  6. Interstellar
                  7. TDKR
                  8. Insomnia

....not sure if we should even rank Following to be honest. Good flick and concept but it had a shoestring budget and almost felt like watching a (very talented) college student's project film.
                  But if you had to? Obviously you can't rate it "like for like" otherwise it'd be 9, but...

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
                    But if you had to? Obviously you can't rate it "like for like" otherwise it'd be 9, but...
                    Well, I'd slurp up any Nolan load so it's up there.

What do you think of Nolan's next film on the Dunkirk evacuation? War films aren't my thing but hey, in Nolan we trust.

Comment

Working...
                    X