No announcement yet.

Tyson Fury vs. Steve Cunningham

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyson Fury vs. Steve Cunningham

Tyson Fury and Steve Cunningham are currently in negotiations for a possible March fight in New York's Madison Square Gardens.

http://boxingnews.com.ua/ru/novosti/...om-kanningemom

Cunningham is the superior boxer but he's not a HW. Tyson is so much bigger and stronger and Cunningham doesn't have a good chin. I'd like to see Cunningham go back to where he belongs and that's the CW division.

Comment

I thought this might happen. Chance for Steve to get right back in the mix.

Comment about his chin - yes he's been down a few times, but interestingly never stopped.

Would be a good match-up. Tyson would have never faced anyone with his speed or skill. Probably one of the very few names available who would get him known to the US public so props if he takes it.

Comment

Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
        Cunningham is the superior boxer but he's not a HW. Tyson is so much bigger and stronger and Cunningham doesn't have a good chin. I'd like to see Cunningham go back to where he belongs and that's the CW division.
        It's quite a size mismatch.

I'd sooner see Fury in with bigger HWs or at least natural heavyweights. Cunningham is a natural cruiserweight.

But Cunningham as the former IBF cruiserweight champion is a good name for Fury's resume.

Comment

Good old Tyson Fury, always chasing the smallest heavyweights/cruiserweights and he & his adoring fans are knocking Price for fighting Tony Thompson?

Comment

Odd comment - all of his twenty opponents have weighed between 245lb-270lb?

His last 5 opponents being 6"3; 6"2, 6"3; 6"3; 6"6; weighing an average 250lb.

There is no doubting the quality Fury has faced, when in comparison to Price.

Comment

I think Fury would probably win.

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon_Gekko View Post
                Odd comment - all of his twenty opponents have weighed between 245lb-270lb?

His last 5 opponents being 6"3; 6"2, 6"3; 6"3; 6"6; weighing an average 250lb.

There is no doubting the quality Fury has faced, when in comparison to Price.

All that says to me is what a load of fat bast4rds tbh

So Boxrec says! Firtha 6ft6 lol he was barely any taller than 6ft1 Povetkin.

When was the last time he fought anyone with some height though seriously? About 4 years ago when he fought that clown Scott Belshaw or that plank with the lightning bolt tattoos?

Why won't he fight anyone with height? he is 6ft9+ and fighting nothing but fat ass cruiserweights who in reality are barely 6ft.

Look who he has been chasing, a load of cruiserweights!
                Adamek, Banks, Tony Grano, Tor Hamer oh and now Steve Cunningham who is literally a cruiserweight that lacks pop fighting at heavyweight.

Comment

He won't fight Helenius, he won't fight Price, he won't fight Vitali or Wladimir, Pulev etc etc

And his fans justify this pathetic campaign by ''his resume is alright''

The guy is all talk.

He claims he is going to wreck so & so then ducks them to fight more cruiserweights. He is an absolute joke still living off a win over a novice Chisora who in reality is not very good, never was and never will be.

Seriously who is Chisora's best win? Sam Sexton? 90yr old Danny Williams?

'Oh b-b-but he beat a one armed Helenius' Paaha!

Comment

I take your points, but wins over Chisora and Johnson (even Rogan) are anything better than Price has. Tyson is 24, and 20 fights into his career. Why should he be in a rush to fight seasoned pro's like the Klitschko's. He's moving up the rankings and Cunningham is a decent fight to take. Cunningham is a H/W; whether he is big or small isn't particularly relevant as he is a good boxer. Fair enough if you aren't a fan; but it's a hard argument to take the flip side and back Price and the quality of his opposition.

To use your question - who is Price's best win? Audley Harrison? Matt Skelton? Tony Thompson is a step in the right direction, but you will see that Maloney will not put Price in with anyone who has big power as he knows he has dodgy whiskers.

Comment

Working...
                    X