Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
    The issue then becomes who pays for it.
    That's what seems to be the problem.

Too many businessmen involved. They all want the max profit with the least risk. They want a clean sport but dont want to have to pay the bill for testing. Then if they get the right testing they dont actually want to find dudes doping because they can lose 2 times. They lose the money they spent on USADA or VADA. Never going to see that again. Then they can potentially lose out on an event.

The only way I can see the promoters going for testing all their fighters is if there is some kind of insurance they are mandated to buy where if an event is cancelled because someone got popped they(promoters) can make a claim and get reimbursed. Likely? I dont ****ing know. Im just a fan and kind of sick of hearing all this really.

Give us the fights we want. Give us access to more fighters as they come up. Keep the dirty laundry in-house. K.I.S.S.

Comment

Originally posted by tredh View Post
      The cost of testing should be split between the fighters, promoters, state commissions and the alphabet belt organizations. Testing benefits them all so split the costs
      well, the problem is if this is 365 days... State commissions irrelevant when boxer not fighting or no schedule fight. Same as ABC organizations if the fight is non-title bout but one thing is for sure, promoters should have piece of the pie. Or there should be centralize governing body in professional boxing to handle this kind issues.

Comment

Originally posted by sapaw View Post
        well, the problem is if this is 365 days... State commissions irrelevant when boxer not fighting or no schedule fight. Same as ABC organizations if the fight is non-title bout but one thing is for sure, promoters should have piece of the pie. Or there should be centralize governing body in professional boxing to handle this kind issues.
        Not true Nevada made PBF & Manny test when neither had a fight because all the PED talk. They said something like if the fighters have a valid license to fight in the state they can demand a test at anytime.

ABC organizations should have to pay if the fighters are ranked in their top 20-25 fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by Walter White View Post
          Listen to the podcast that Conte did with Joe Rogan. He said that he never did it for the money. He did it for the glory of making the athletes he worked with victorious. He even talks about his time in prison and said that while he wouldn't want to go back it wasn't that hard.

As for the Hauser article, while his main thesis mentions Floyd, it is actually about USADA's shadiness in discarding and withholding information. Hauser mentions that all the Floyd is just rumors and at the end of the article still says that he doesn't know whether Floyd juiced or not.

As for the posters saying that Hauser isn't a journalist, the guy was nominated for the Pulitzer and is currently the head chairman of the Boxing Writer's Assocation.
          He is highly thought of but using a rumor as your thesis, ask any editor at any publication they would not allow that to be written like that. If he is winning awards that says more about the state of journalism than anything good about Hauser.

But I never liked him and have always made that clear .
          Last edited by The Gambler1981; 11-20-2012, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tredh View Post
            Not true Nevada made PBF & Manny test when neither had a fight because all the PED talk. They said something like if the fighters have a valid license to fight in the state they can demand a test at anytime.

ABC organizations should have to pay if the fighters are ranked in their top 20-25 fighters.
            Nevada required them to be tested to renew their licensee on Nevada (I may be wrong) based on what I read a year or two ago. Assuming that my understanding on Nevada asking Pac and Floyd to be tested is wrong and you are right, how about the other States, so boxers need to be tested all year long on every states? Most of the states dont recognize other states testing protocol, like California, they will allow Berto's to fight there coz they dont recognize VADA's result which reported to NYSAC that time... I know its quite impossible but a centralized committee needed on this kind of issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Fasttimes View Post
              Why would he give Pac his samples? Has Pac done him any favours?

Going by your logic, Pac passed up 50 MILLION dollars in order to not give any advanced tests at all. So he must be dirty.
              Pacquiao originally refusing the tests doesn't prove anything, but it's damn suspicious. Floyd refusing to hand over to testing documents/contracts and then just settling all of the sudden doesn't prove anything (nor did the author intend to), but it's suspicious as hell as well.

Really, the whole point of mentioning those Floyd rumors wasn't meant as proof that floyd is roiding, which is how are the overprotective floyd fans are taking it, but to exemplify how weird it is to have a promoter be in charge of testing. It brings some major conflict of interests. As was seen in the Morales case, God knows what type of ****ed up procedures a promoter and the testing agency can agree to. If Morales is allowed to test positive (both a and b samples) twice without needing to inform the athletic commission, what's stopping the Floyd contracts with USADA from having some sketchy stuff in it as well? The Morales case proves that USADA testing in pro boxing doesn't necessarily follow the same rules as their real Olympic testing (nevermind that isn't year-round) as Floyd and lots of his fans have wants us to believe. Not being able to know what's in those contracts pretty much makes makes all USADA testing in pro boxing useless. It's especially bad because USADA refuses to answer any questions related to the testing. (they refused to be interviewed for the article for example)

Comment

After yesterdays million page thread i expected a bombshell in the 2nd part. But this is sad. Theres no smoke here its just 2 guys trying to start a fire but failing miserably. Should have kept it in one article cause this part has lost respect for the writer in my eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
                  After yesterdays million page thread i expected a bombshell in the 2nd part. But this is sad. Theres no smoke here its just 2 guys trying to start a fire but failing miserably. Should have kept it in one article cause this part has lost respect for the writer in my eyes.
                  What? If the Morales stuff is as reported this is way more significant than anything he said yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                    What? If the Morales stuff is as reported this is way more significant than anything he said yesterday.
                    "IF" is yhe key word. I said yesterday IF its true then all sports are lost to me and this goes way beyond boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
                      "IF" is yhe key word. I said yesterday IF its true then all sports are lost to me and this goes way beyond boxing.
                      Oh no! Does Hauser know this?

Comment

Working...
                      X