Collapse
No announcement yet.

top 5 nba players in the game right now

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did I interrupt a Kobe dick riding thread? Because I can step out and let y'all continue to take turns...

We're talking about 2011-12 right?

We're not talking about a lifetime achievement award right?

OK... Now that we have that clear... Let's continue on.

Kobe's game is nice, aesthetically one of the best on offense and all, but Wade is better than him in every facet of the game sans outside shooting and durability.

Other than PPG (where Bryant averages 6 more attempts than Wade), FGA, and FT%, there isn't one statistical category where Kobe is better than Wade.

Kobe led the league with 23 shot attempts (3 ahead of the next player)... He leads the league in shot attempts even though he has 2 of the most efficient players on his team shooting close to and over %50.

He has 2 top 20 players in the world on his team, but he hasn't won 2 games in round 2 the last 2 years (22 two's).

He's Mr. Iso... Mr. 30 points on 30 shots... Mr. Hero Ball... Even when there isn't a need for a hero (as evidenced by the Lakers players suddenly playing better after he was out with an injury).

His perceived intangibles (what people think of his leadership and play in the clutch) and the Kobe/Laker delusion are the only reason the notion of Wade being better at this point in there careers is being scoffed at (even having a "Celtic" fan joining in).

If Kobe were on the Heat, do you really think Kobe would've taken a backseat to Lebron? Really?... Kobe probably would've done the same **** Carlton/Westbrook did to Will/Durant and Lebron would've let him and then have to take the blame for the loss like Gasol does.

No hate... Just the truth no cut. I don't have a problem with anyone thinking Kobe's better, but to scoff or ridicule the notion of Wade being better is just ******ed.

Bottom line is... Wade is one of the most efficient players in the league while Kobe isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by MaD vEiN View Post
      maybe im a minority here but i can't see why Dwight is better than Dirk in these lists
      I have him higher because Dwight is the best big man, and his defense and rebounding alone have made some terrible teams far better than they should be. I am going a little off what Dwight can do, rather than what he consistently does.

Comment

Originally posted by QUELOQUE View Post
        Did I interrupt a Kobe dick riding thread? Because I can step out and let y'all continue to take turns...

Kobe's game is nice, aesthetically one of the best on offense and all, but Wade is better than him in every facet of the game sans outside shooting and durability.

Other than PPG (where Bryant averages 6 more attempts than Wade), FGA, and FT%, there isn't one statistical category where Kobe is better than Wade.

Kobe led the league with 23 shot attempts (3 ahead of the next player)... He leads the league in shot attempts even though he has 2 of the most efficient players on his team shooting close to and over %50.

He has 2 top 20 players in the world on his team, but he hasn't won 2 games in round 2 the last 2 years (22 two's).

He's Mr. Iso... Mr. 30 points on 30 shots... Mr. Hero Ball... Even when there isn't a need for a hero (as evidenced by the Lakers players suddenly playing better after he was out with an injury).

His perceived intangibles (what people think of his leadership and play in the clutch) and the Kobe/Laker delusion are the only reason the notion of Wade being better at this point in there careers is being scoffed at (even having a "Celtic" fan joining in).

If Kobe were on the Heat, do you really think Kobe would've taken a backseat to Lebron? Really?... Kobe probably would've done the same **** Carlton/Westbrook did to Will/Durant and Lebron would've let him and then have to take the blame for the loss like Gasol does.

No hate... Just the truth no cut. I don't have a problem with anyone thinking Kobe's better, but to scoff or ridicule the notion of Wade being better is just ******ed.

Bottom line is... Wade is one of the most efficient players in the league while Kobe isn't.
        black mamba

i'm not sure how they did it, but this picture was taken of kobe bryant's soul.

Comment

Originally posted by QUELOQUE View Post

I would have been with you on this before this year, but Wade taking a backseat to Lebron led to his game taking a hit, as admirable as it is that he could swallow his pride that way. He wasn't a top 5 NBA player this year, too inconsistent in effort, too injured, always trying to draw the foul and missing shots he would have made if he just shot it normally.

Of course, I have no problem with anyone saying Wade is better. The man is a great player, who does some things better than Kobe does. It's certainly close. I just prefer Kobe's consistent effort to Wade.

Comment

Lebron
            Durant
            Kobe
            Howard
            Rondo/CP3

Comment

Originally posted by Rorschach™ View Post
              There you have it folks. Griffin is better than:

Kobe
              Rose
              Wade
              Rondo
              Westbrook
              Melo
              Deron
              Bynum
              Parker
              Dirk

oh I forgot about Westbrook. yeah I guess Westbrook makes my top 5.

but yeah, I think Griffin is better than the rest of them cuz I've actually watched him play.

he can pretty much do everything on the court except hit a consistant jump shot. but he makes up for it with his post up game. one of the few PF with a good post up game in the nba right now.

Comment

bron
                durant
                Kobe
                Howard
                Wade

Comment

Originally posted by kswizzy99 View Post
                  oh I forgot about Westbrook. yeah I guess Westbrook makes my top 5.

but yeah, I think Griffin is better than the rest of them cuz I've actually watched him play.

he can pretty much do everything on the court except hit a consistant jump shot. but he makes up for it with his post up game. one of the few PF with a good post up game in the nba right now.

I get it now man. I'm not really good at detecting sarcasm. My bad.

Comment

Cant believe kobe is missing from alot of lists....

Durant
                    Lebron
                    Bryant
                    Rose
                    Wade

Comment

1.Lebron
                      2.Durant

Rondo
                      Dwight
                      Kobe (just cause Wade isn't the same player as previous years otherwise he would take his place) ;D

Comment

Working...
                      X