Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does every boxer think they deserve Mayweather type pay days?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mirko Troll Cop View Post
    From your thread title, seems like you're criticizing lil'g.

Nahh i'm firing shots at most fighters and promoters who are killing boxing with these overdrawn negotiations.

It's not solely about GGG, Canelo or anyone else, they were just a good example. Either could've just accepted the others terms and just fought to prove they were better. The winner goes on to earn more after the fight anyway (usually).

Alsoif these fights are done when the interest is hot and they're in their prime, they can do a rematch and make EVEN more money.

Comment

Cause they are prize fighters and they want the biggest prize..

Comment

It takes two to tango. All fighters are the same, but even when a fighter isn't the money handing type , his team would be chasing money for him. This is why I really do NOT subscribe to the "Everyone ducking doe" rubbish.

Canelo for example drop his belt at 160 because without the belt he has more leverage when negotiating a GGG fight. GGG isn't taking a fight because he wanted more money.

Comment

Originally posted by Poppo168 View Post
          Because it would be a big payday for both of them and for boxing but it'll be dragged on and on until it's irrelevant, just like Pac/May.

Also I think the fight should be winner takes the larger split, makes sense.
          People are training hard ,and we are not paying theyr bills if they get hurt ,winner take more is ridicouluse idea ,especialy if you fight with bigger draw ,why should he agree to take cut when he lose ,you can allways lose in boxing ,get robbed by judges etc

Comment

Originally posted by Canelo and GGG View Post
            People are training hard ,and we are not paying theyr bills if they get hurt ,winner take more is ridicouluse idea ,especialy if you fight with bigger draw ,why should he agree to take cut when he lose ,you can allways lose in boxing ,get robbed by judges etc
            Seems like you enjoy waiting for years and years to see fights or sometimes not see them at all because fighters are being unreasonable.

Nothing will change though so the discussion is kind of pointless

Comment

Originally posted by JoeMan View Post
              Exactly why fighters are now fighting once a year. They're waiting for big pay days and won't accept tough fights unless they get overpaid. If Mayweather can stall a fight for five years and still get to be offered triple the money, why take the fight now?

Exactly mate, it's no longer the 'fight game' it's now just a case of holding out for big pay days and being the biggest entertainer outside of the ring.

Comment

Seems like you enjoy waiting for years and years to see fights or sometimes not see them at all because fighters are being unreasonable.

Nothing will change though so the discussion is kind of pointless
                No i dont ,it have nothing to to with Winner take more which is stupid.

you gave example so i ask why Canelo bigger draw who have more to lose should give a B side 50% ? i dont give a **** about theyr money ,but i understand that they are reasonable.

Comment

No i dont ,it have nothing to to with Winner take more which is stupid.

you gave example so i ask why Canelo bigger draw who have more to lose should give a B side 50% ? i dont give a **** about theyr money ,but i understand that they are reasonable.
                  Because it's a fight to see who's better? If it's about 'more to lose' or 'who's the bigger draw' then it's about money and not seeing who's the best fighter which it should be.

Comment

Because it's a fight to see who's better? If it's about 'more to lose' or 'who's the bigger draw' then it's about money and not seeing who's the best fighter which it should be.
                    its not complicated bigger draw is takeing bigger share ,and who is better will be dacided in the ring,negotitations must be reasonable ,cuse its not whos the best but who draw,then there is a fight but to make fightt you need to be REASONABLE.

Dude if you are working with your partner and you are doing more ,do you agree to be paid same amount of money????

Comment

its not complicated bigger draw is takeing bigger share ,and who is better will be dacided in the ring,negotitations must be reasonable ,cuse its not whos the best but who draw,then there is a fight but to make fightt you need to be REASONABLE.

Dude if you are working with your partner and you are doing more ,do you agree to be paid same amount of money????
                      You're not getting what I'm saying, I understand that the fighter who has a bigger following brings more money to the fight but if they're about seeing who's the best fighter this Shouldn't hold back these fights for so long.

I'm done discussing this though because there's no clear ending.

Comment

Working...
                      X