Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Golovkin vs Gilberto Ramirez @ 168 lbs, how this fight plays out ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golovkin vs Gilberto Ramirez @ 168 lbs, how this fight plays out ?

Ramirez is a very lengthy dude and GGG never fought @ 168 lbs before, so how GGG would approach this fight ?

I think Ramirez would be a bigger win for GGG than Jacobs or BJS.

We need a better idea of where Ramirez is at, how he moves, etc. An aged Abraham doesn't require much footwork, counter-punching, head movement, etc. It's really hard to say how Ramirez responds to Golovkin. His reach alone should be a factor. But, can he do what is required to hit Golovkin throughout a fight without eventually getting pinned down? Working off the back foot, getting off first, sharp footwork, etc. We really don't know enough about Ramirez.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
      We need a better idea of where Ramirez is at, how he moves, etc. An aged Abraham doesn't require much footwork, counter-punching, head movement, etc. It's really hard to say how Ramirez responds to Golovkin. His reach alone should be a factor. But, can he do what is required to hit Golovkin throughout a fight without eventually getting pinned down? Working off the back foot, getting off first, sharp footwork, etc. We really don't know enough about Ramirez.
      Indeed Zurdo would have a big advantage in weight, height and reach over GGG but at the end of the day skills pay the bills and GGG is the guy with the better boxing skills. I think GGG's stocks would increase a lot by having a victory over a smw champion.

Comment

Idk, this kid was at the weigh in on Friday and he looked fking huge. I'm not sure of his size but he looked like 6-3+ and in good shape. GGG would probably look tiny in there with him.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
          Ramirez doesn't move at all. He LOVES the pocket, which I think is actually a good thing against Golovkin. I dont think movement really phases him. I'd like to see him in a war. A phone booth fight. If that's how it goes against Ramirez, I'm pretty confident he takes it. I don't think Ramirez will be phased by Golovkin's power. Ramirez on the other hand has speed and power in both hands. If it's a war, Ramirez wins.

Comment

Ramirez out boxes Golovkin

Comment

Originally posted by Sadiqkingofko View Post
              Ramirez out boxes Golovkin
              GGG kills this kid. He does'nt use his height and reach very well. His jab is lackluster at best. He rarely changes level or pace with it. He wastes a lot of energy with upper body movement that appears to serve no real purpose. He keeps his hands up well when he is stalking but when he attacks and brings his hands back he does'nt protect his chin. He is a sucker for a mid range uppercut which GGG is excellent at throwing. Add to that, contrary to what one guy posted, Ramirez is'nt an inside fighter. He likes to sit at mid range and lead with power shots throwing the occasional ****ty jab. That is GGG's wheel house.

GGG would absolutely manhandle this kid with his jab and destroy him with left hooks to the body and head. GGG could literally whip this kid with three punches. Ramirez has some talent, but I don't see how anyone can look at his fights and think he is any kind of threat to GGG.

Comment

ggg will smash that ass

Comment

Tough fight. Im not sure with GGG's frame he carries himself well at 168. I think he has enough to beat these guys at 168 but he is more suited to 160, as he is a small middleweight

Comment

GGG has been knocking out fair to good middleweights 22 times in a row and 33 times out of 36 total fights. I think he would KO even the excellent 168 pounder Ramirez. Ramirez would put up a good fight and win some rounds because he is bigger, better and a harder puncher than anyone GGG has ever fought. GGG has a great jab and is a smart boxer as well as boxing's best puncher pfp. GGG has never been knocked down or badly hurt and he has an iron jaw. He would win because he is just that good. Only the world's two best light heavyweights, Ward and Kovalev can beat him in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                    X