No announcement yet.

Top Rank is promoter of the year in my opinion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arums a G

Definitly in the convo, he's put a lot of good fights on this year and continued to build his fighters profile off big wins Ramerez, Crawford, Valdez
    All Done while not being HBo favorite

Dibella should be in the mix too, Thurman/Porter , LSC /Frampton, Spence /Bundu and probably a sh.it more I cant of

Is have to look at a compete list though. To give a real opinion

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
      They started off kinda shaky with Crawford/Lundy but picked it up from there. Pac/Bradley, people complain about it now but I remember people picking Bradley and calling him the top Welterweight at the time. On that undercard you also had Ramirez/Abraham and Valdez/Gradovich

Bradley/Postol on that card you had Valdez/Rueda and Kaprency/Gzodvyk and Benavidez/Santana

Loma/Martinez on that card you had Verdejo/Martinez

On the Pac/Vargas card you got Magdaleno/Donaire and Valdez/Osawa

Then you got Walters/Loma coming up

No big fights but they've been consistently putting together solid fights
      Thx. Yea, a pretty good year actually.
      -Pac/BradleyIII was the fight no one wanted but turned out to be the best of the trilogy. Loved it.
      -Crawford/Postol, 2nd most important fight of the year behind Ward/Kov.
      -Loma/Martinez wasn't bad.
      -Ramirez/Abraham was a nice surprise.
      -Pac/Vargas isn't all that compelling but I bet it'll be really fun.
      -Loma/Walters is huge.

Unless someone can come up with something better, I wouldn't argue much. PBC might have done better if Wilder/Povetkin came through and if they would have done SOMETHING with Danny Garcia but they didn't, so there's not much that can be said in their defense.

Comment

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
        Dibella should be in the mix too, Thurman/Porter , LSC /Frampton, Spence /Bundu and probably a sh.it more I cant of
        Lou is the only promoter I actually like and whose words carry any value with me. Those ^ 3 are definitely solid.

Comment

They started off kinda shaky with Crawford/Lundy but picked it up from there. Pac/Bradley, people complain about it now but I remember people picking Bradley and calling him the top Welterweight at the time. On that undercard you also had Ramirez/Abraham and Valdez/Gradovich

Bradley/Postol on that card you had Valdez/Rueda and Kaprency/Gzodvyk and Benavidez/Santana

Loma/Martinez on that card you had Verdejo/Martinez

On the Pac/Vargas card you got Magdaleno/Donaire and Valdez/Osawa

Then you got Walters/Loma coming up

No big fights but they've been consistently putting together solid fights
          Top ranked did better than gbp and pbc by default.

Comment

Top rank has put on the most competitive and solid cards all year and will continue to do so with their upcoming fights. We focus on the big fights but Top Rank has put on some good fights this year. Still the best in the biz when it comes to matchmaking.
            I agree, but they're still being pushed out of the business and I'm not sure there's much they can do about it. Don King often put on the most competitive and solid cards all year too and before you knew it he was still irrelevant.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
              Lou is the only promoter I actually like and whose words carry any value with me. Those ^ 3 are definitely solid.
              Yeah man

Dibellas interviews are always $, He's had a sh.it load more decent fights this year

Wilder/Spilzka
              Douglas / Khurtzside
              Vazque / Diaz
              Miney Garcia return

And I'm sure more if you took a look

For me it's either Arum or Dibella they both put in work this year.

Comment

Top rank has put on the most competitive and solid cards all year and will continue to do so with their upcoming fights. We focus on the big fights but Top Rank has put on some good fights this year. Still the best in the biz when it comes to matchmaking.
                Why not TMT bro

Comment

Working...
                X