Collapse
No announcement yet.

The more iron chinned fighters have been down more times than the chinny Jacobs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The more iron chinned fighters have been down more times than the chinny Jacobs

How many times has Margarito been down? dropped by a journeyman early in his career. Not even counting Sugar Shane.

How many times has Mathysse been down? Even stopped by a guy with a 40% KO percentage.

How many times has Pac been down? Stopped by Singsurat and some other guy early in his career.

How many times has Froch been down? Is Carl chinny? Dropped by Taylor and Groves off the top of my head.

The list goes on. All these iron chinned fighters have been down more times than the supposed chinny Jacobs. Anyone that's followed boxing, know the difference between a legit knockdown and flash knockdown. At least I hope so.

Jacobs will be fine against GGG. Jacobs will stop GGG.

He got sparked by Pirog. People act like he got sparked by Marco Antonio Rubio.....hold up no they don't. If he would've gotten sparked by MAR they would've said he's improved and become a much better fighter.

Comment

Jacobs has been handled like fine china. Who on his resume other than Quillin and Giovanni Lorenzo are even remotely close to big punchers? Fletcher and Mora literally hit as hard as a 140lb Mallinaggi. Truax is not a big puncher. Ishe Smith hits like a b*tch.

It's too bad the Quillin fight ended w/o Quillin even getting a real punch off.

Comment

so now these clowns are acting like jacobs has an iron chin

Comment

Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
          How many times has Margarito been down? dropped by a journeyman early in his career. Not even counting Sugar Shane.

How many times has Mathysse been down? Even stopped by a guy with a 40% KO percentage.

How many times has Pac been down? Stopped by Singsurat and some other guy early in his career.

How many times has Froch been down? Is Carl chinny? Dropped by Taylor and Groves off the top of my head.

The list goes on. All these iron chinned fighters have been down more times than the supposed chinny Jacobs. Anyone that's followed boxing, know the difference between a legit knockdown and flash knockdown. At least I hope so.

Jacobs will be fine against GGG. Jacobs will stop GGG.
          Margarito, Pac , and Froch faced killers time and time again. Matthysse also faced everyone of importance at 140.

Jacobs only decent competition was quillen and pirog. One fight was stopped in the first round which prevents us from knowing if he could have handled Quillen's power. The other time he was stopped by pirog.

So against top opposition Jacob's chin holds up half the time and even that isnt accurate because the length of jacobs/quillen. Plus he was knocked down by Mora.

If you think that means he beats ggg then keep thinking that way. See how far that gets you.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
            He got sparked by Pirog. People act like he got sparked by Marco Antonio Rubio.....hold up no they don't. If he would've gotten sparked by MAR they would've said he's improved and become a much better fighter.

Comment

If a man gets dropped by Mora and absolutely iced against the first real puncher he went in with, i'm giving him little chance against Golovkin.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                Rubio is a harder puncher than Pirog, check the ratios bozo. And no Rubio being a much harder puncher doesn't make him a better fighter although he obviously had a better career due to Pirog's being cut short.
                Last edited by The Comic DON; 09-11-2016, 07:24 PM.

Comment

I never got flash knocked down because I always caught myself, but it seemed to happen when i got hit with a good shot i didn't see coming.
                  I also got knocked down and got up like a drunk man.

It takes months to get your chin back after a legit knockdown. After a legit knockdown I used to get hurt in sparring a lot. I wouldn't let a fighter spar for at least 3 months after he got knocked down if i was a trainer. 6 months if he gets knocked out.

Comment

Jacobs has real good recuperative powers. Some guys can do that, like Larry Holmes.

Didn't Jacobs have cancer when he fought Pirog?
                    Last edited by watchayouhead; 09-11-2016, 07:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X