Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hands of Stone Flopped!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

such a shame, never heard much about it though, they failed to properly advertise.

Comment

This is what happens when you take a great story and give it to someone that makes bad movies.

Comment

Not surprised. The entire box office this summer has been a let down. Plus releasing this at the end of the summer/beginning of the fall was a mistake.

They should've released this later in the year if they were aiming for awards season or the beginning of the year Feb-April if they were aiming for some type of profit.

Either way, it was never going to do well, nobody knows Duran, De Niro (who was heavily promoted for this movie) hasn't had a hit since the Fockers movies and nobody cares about Usher's acting, who I kept hearing in reviews he was getting out acted in this movie by the two leads.

Comment

Just got back from seeing it. I was thoroughly impressed. Dude looked and acted just like Duran and Usher was spot on as Sugar Ray. De Niro delivered as usual. Plus, the girls playing the wives for Duran and Leonard were blazing hot. Duran's chick bared all.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
            Too many boxing movies telling the same damn story wore the genre down. Boxing fans are not the problem, I'm sure every ticket sold was to an old boxing head or young fan; its that the general public doesnt give a **** about boxing anymore so they couldnt care less about Duran or his story.
            Southpaw was really damn good. Extremely underrated.

Comment

Originally posted by b morph View Post
              You would think the movie would've done decent. Seeing as that you have an actor of the caliber of Robert De Niro, who stared as La Motta in Raging Bull, you would think that would spark peoples interest. Maybe seeing Usher's name turned people off. That guy isn't even relevant.

There's another boxing biopic coming out later. Bleed For This. About Vinny Paz. Has a young, up coming actor starring in it. The kid who's in War Dogs, Miles Taylor. So you got a young, popular young actor starring in it. Plus Peter Quillin plays Roger Mayweather lol.
              I actually forgot about that one. I have a feeling it'll be good , especially since that saved it for award season.

And lol at Super Middleweight Quillin playing a Lightweight Roger Mayweather. Are you serious about that?

Comment

Originally posted by RenegÄde View Post
                Southpaw was really damn good. Extremely underrated.
                Southpaw got a bad rap for some odd reason. There was some genuinely emotional scenes and Jake Gyllenhall was awesome throughout.

Comment

I didnt Go because I tought it was going to be super packed... I never go on the 1st week a movie opens... We should all go and watch this movie for support!

Comment

Danm. I dont know if i wanna see the movie now.

Comment

Originally posted by ComicDon View Post
                      The Roberto Duran biopic, Hands of Stones, was a complete and utter failure at the box-office this weekend. It only made $1.7 Million over the course of three days and didn't even rank in the top ten this weekend. For anyone wondering the budget was $20 million.

For comparison sakes, the epic failure Ben-Hur was able to make 4.5 million in its 2nd weekend, more than double that of Hands of Stone.

Add the fact it has gotten mix reviews and you shouldn't be expecting another boxing biopic for years to come.

What happened boxing fans? I thought when you said you were boycotting the sport I thought you meant PPV, not the entire industry.
                      Hands of Stone will do well in Latin America. It will succeed in the long run.

Comment

Working...
                      X