Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which promoter will Shakur Stevenson sign with.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Floyd most likely. Possibly roc nation since ward is his fav fighter

Comment

Probably Floyd since he's been down their scouting.

Unpopular opinion but I still think Top Rank is one of the best at building stars. It's just they aren't as good or necessary once a fighter makes it big because they take too much money among other things.

But building young talent into stars? That's their bread and butter (as long as you're African American, Mexican, Puerto Rican or any other nationality/ethnicity that Top Rank believes already has existing fan bases to market towards). I'm a little worried what lays on the Horizon with Al Haymon, so the safest bet is probably sign with top rank for like a three year deal, then as a free agent see what's available and who's knocking. The key is having a lawyer go over any of these contracts before signing, no matter who he goes with be smart about it because if he wins gold or even silver, all of these promoters are going to be on him like a pack of wild dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
        Floyd most likely. Possibly roc nation since ward is his fav fighter
        I really hope he doesn't sign with Roc Nation. They haven't done anything in boxing to lead me to believe they are capable of building young talent into a star. Sure, they can get existing stars some good fights, but that's the best we've seen from them and that is easy. I would say they are the worst option, I'd even prefer Golden Boy over them.

Comment

Originally posted by glenn mcrory View Post
          Gaymon or Mayweather will get him and will continue to be irrelevant and prove they are terrible talent scouts.
          Lots of wishful thinking here, but Haymon has an incredible eye for talent.

Comment

Originally posted by KingHippo View Post
            Lots of wishful thinking here, but Haymon has an incredible eye for talent.
            Is that why he barely has any top 10 fighters except in ****ty wasteland divisions like 154?
            Dudes no Arum. TR scouts good fighters, builds them up right, and when the time comes to step up, they pass their tests with flying colors.
            Haymon is more known for his fighters getting flopped everytime they take even a small step up in competition.
            Most of his step ups look like Broner-Maidana where his ****ty overrated prospects implode when its time to shine.
            Quality over quantity.

Originally posted by CaneloMaidana View Post
            Idiotic, Haymon is signing Mongolians with 0 fights who look out of this world. Haymon has guys you don't think of like Gassiev, Hurd, Flores, Beterbiev and Khytrov.
            I'd like to know who these "out of this world" mongolians are. Pretty sure they'll end up like all the other flavor-of-the-month.
            Beat up and knocked out in a monumental upset against some corn on the cob selling mexican binman.

Haymon has not made one fighter into anything.
            All prospects. No established fighters with proven resumes.
            Even worse, 99% of his prospects choke when they step up because they never had the ability to do what he wanted them to do in the first place.

Because most of those fighters are in ****ty weightclasses they might win title and stuff, but seriously Khytrov?
            Has he not had enough close call last second ko's to make you think hes not going anywhere?
            Hurd took like a billion punches from Molina. He takes those from anyone else with a little more power he'll be waking up next to the commentators table.
            And whose Flores? I hope its not the one I think it is...

Comment

Originally posted by glenn mcrory View Post
              Is that why he barely has any top 10 fighters except in ****ty wasteland divisions like 154?
              Dudes no Arum. TR scouts good fighters, builds them up right, and when the time comes to step up, they pass their tests with flying colors.
              Haymon is more known for his fighters getting flopped everytime they take even a small step up in competition.
              Most of his step ups look like Broner-Maidana where his ****ty overrated prospects implode when its time to shine.
              Quality over quantity.

I think Haymon not having any top 10 fighters has more to do with Golden Boy running ring magazine than anything.

Haymon has Thurman, Garcia and Spence at 147, Charlo and Lara at 154, Degale at 168, Beterbiev and Stevenson at 175.

Comment

al haymon no doubt....overpaid and unchallenged is the way too go despite labeled a b1tch, who cares about image anyways

Comment

I think he will follow his father's footsteps and sign with Death Row Records

Comment

Roc Nation or PBC fighter (DiBella, Floyd, Schaefer)

Comment

Originally posted by KingHippo View Post
                      I think Haymon not having any top 10 fighters has more to do with Golden Boy running ring magazine than anything.

Haymon has Thurman, Garcia and Spence at 147, Charlo and Lara at 154, Degale at 168, Beterbiev and Stevenson at 175.
                      Can't even remember the last time I looked at those.
                      I'm talking in the general sense. Most of his guys are well below opposing promoter's fighters in divisional accomplishments and esteem.
                      For a man with like 200 fighters, that's a pretty paltry list.

It shows you how weak a division is when a fighter like Spence who has Chris Algieri as his one singular accomplishment can be ranked in any top ten, but alas he is a welterweight, most of which belong to Haymon and none of which who will fight each other.

Comment

Working...
                      X