Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Mayweather ever fight an opponent we really want him to?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
    no. you guys say he's scared of a guy. he fights them,beats them easily, and then you guys change your tune after.
    Well when you dont fight much, people will assume your scared. And Floyd himself has claimed he is scared for his health when he gets in the ring so we arent far from the truth in reality.

We do ask suggest he fights someone else, or give suggestions to who he should fight, as he is a pro, and when you are a pro you have to look for your next fight, unlike Floyd.

Comment

• No, no he won't.

Diclared with his own words, he is concerned with self-preservation first.

It's a damn sgame too, because he def. has all the attributes of becoming the greatest fighter ever, but he won't ever be if he doesn't DARE to be great.

I'm not a Floyd Hater, matter of fact i like him more and more every time I see him now, it seems that after age 34 he's humbled up a lot more.

Comment

• Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
        Well when you dont fight much, people will assume your scared. And Floyd himself has claimed he is scared for his health when he gets in the ring so we arent far from the truth in reality.

We do ask suggest he fights someone else, or give suggestions to who he should fight, as he is a pro, and when you are a pro you have to look for your next fight, unlike Floyd.
        right. how does it feel to be on NSB for 7 years, hating floyd at every point, and still not getting what you so desperately want, to see floyd lose. On top of that, manny gets KTFO!! Must be tough for you that the boxing gods still haven't rewarded you for your dedication to hating.

Comment

• When Mosley charged into the ring after Mayweather v Marquez EVERYONE wanted him to fight Mosley....who was his next fight? Shane Mosley...

There is also no sane logic for choosing Margarito ahead of the biggest selling fight of all time vs Oscar! He even fought Oscar basically as a welter at 154.

Comment

• this may go against what i have said but in a way i agree. he never really has got ring with the fighter people wanted him to fight at the time. i do however feel people are sometimes un realistic or unfair when it comes to this. i think we all know he is a better fighter at 147 then 154 and he is getting old whether fans or haters want to believe it so i dont blame him for wanting to fight at 147. in saying that who do you guys want to see him fight as fare as the 147 division? bradley? rios mattysse garcia moving up? jmm, guerrero, canelo, alexander i cant really think of a fighter i think haters or fans both would be happy with am i forgetting someone obvious that would be willing to fight at 147? cant blame him for not wanting to fight someone like trout no money. im not trying to troll im honestly curious what people would be satisfied with?
            Last edited by Cinci Champ; 01-28-2013, 09:48 AM.

Comment

• it doesnt matter if floyd would have fought margarito or pacquaio because excuses would have been made as to how he won in the first place. floyd has never gotten credit for his wins so why would these two be any different. when he beat castillo, corrales, hatton, de la hoya, mosley, ortiz, cotto, marquez, and judah there was always an excuse. and out of those names i say only 2 of them (de la hoya and mosley) were shot at the time. and for the smaller fighters accusation, are you serious? champions fight guys coming up in weight all the time. when he went up in weight and won titles was he not the smaller man in that situation. no on criticized those fighters so why criticize floyd. it seems that no one else gets criticized for fighting smaller guys besides mayweather.

i also say it wasnt all floyds fault that the pacquiao fight didnt happen. people seem to forget that in the initial negotiations floyd agreed to all of pacquiaos terms. all he asked in return was for both of them to go through olympic style drug tesing. pacquaio made every excuse from fear of weakness (really?), and to phobia of needles (doesnt he have tattoos?). everybody seems to have forgotten about that. i'm wondering why people are still talking about pac and floyd. if they were to fight and floyd wins people will just use his loss to marquez as an excuse for the victory. they would say that he didnt fight a prime manny, but mayweather is no longer in his prime either so it would be even. but just like any other victory excuses will be made. if he fights guerrero in may and wins people will say floyd picked on a smaller guy again, even though guerrero just beat the **** out of berto who is a legit welterweight. also he will become one dimensional and not a good figher all of sudden even though fans begged for the matchup. if canelo wins the undercard he will fight floyd in september. if floyd wins canelo will become an underated one-dimensional fighter which would have contributed to the win.

the point im making is floyd will never get the credit he deserves for his victories so who he fights or didnt fight doesnt matter.

Comment

• LOL It's amazing how some Mayweather fans are so dormant during the times where he's not fighting. But as soon as there's mention of his return, it becomes:

LOL I admire the devotion.

Comment

• as a fan i would like to see him fight bradley canelo or guerrero. i have no interest in seeing him fight jmm again or any other rematch for that matter even as a fan i cant really think of a fighter id be super excited to see him fight. im not someone who wants him to fight someone who does not have a chance but i just dont see a perfect fight at the moment maybe canelo but i think floyd even wins that fight by atleast 4 rounds

Comment

• Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
                    LOL It's amazing how some Mayweather fans are so dormant during the times where he's not fighting. But as soon as there's mention of his return, it becomes:

LOL I admire the devotion.
                    if your trying to say people only watch floyd fights and nothing else and are not real boxing fans or something i think thats stretching it beyond fare this is a boxing forum we are on i dont think a fan who only watches one fighter would be on here talking thats for sure

Comment

• Originally posted by NatiKid View Post
                      if your trying to say people only watch floyd fights and nothing else and are not real boxing fans or something i think thats stretching it beyond fare this is a boxing forum we are on i dont think a fan who only watches one fighter would be on here talking thats for sure
                      LOL as ridiculous as it sounds, they're on here daily my friend. I don't mind fans of Mayweather in general who know Boxing, but just like jaded Pac fans it relates both ways.

Comment

Working...
                      X