No announcement yet.

[New Video] Guerrero and Aydin fight at the weigh-in

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
    Well,that's not a bad reasoning..I definitely don't agree that it impaired(the cut)Guerrero in anyway..It's a fight for crying out loud..Cuts from butts happen in damn near every fight..You have to fight threw that man..I understand what ya saying bro(and tbh it's not wrong)I just have a slightly different view I guess..
    That was a bad cut in a bad spot, you don't know what it could become (including long term issues) and if it gets worse really effecting him it could end up being to late if he tries to fight through. I don't need to see a guy lose because he got bad cut by accident then decided to be brave when he didn't have to. There is a big difference between bravery and stupidity.

Fights end all the time on stuff like that I don't stress them.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
      That was a bad cut in a bad spot, you don't know what it could become (including long term issues) and if it gets worse really effecting him it could end up being to late if he tries to fight through. I don't need to see a guy lose because he got bad cut by accident then decided to be brave when he didn't have to. There is a big difference between bravery and stupidity.

Fights end all the time on stuff like that I don't stress them.
      They also continues with far more severe cuts or circumstances..Agbeko was hit in the balls over 15 times in a tough fight..He could have easily quit and said he can't continue...Pac Morales is another fight hell even the first Pac Marquez fight head cuts(far worse)caused by butts..It's a fight tho bro things like that happens..You got to fight threw that man..

But like I said you have a great point as well..But to discount that Guerrero did not fight that out is short sided imo..

Comment

They also continues with far more severe cuts or circumstances..Agbeko was hit in the balls over 15 times in a tough fight..He could have easily quit and said he can't continue...Pac Morales is another fight hell even the first Pac Marquez fight head cuts(far worse)caused by butts..It's a fight tho bro things like that happens..You got to fight threw that man..

But like I said you have a great point as well..But to discount that Guerrero did not fight that out is short sided imo..
        The accidental cut rule is there for a reason, Agbeko never got injured by the fouls to the point a Dr. would allow the fight to go to the cards or not go to the cards early on.

If you get an accidental cut and it is after the 4th round plus the fight is in doubt then you could possibly ask a guy to throw caution to the wind but a guy knowing their situation making a calm cool and rational decision, to me isn't a minus.

I like it when fighters can keep a cool head and not let the moment get the best of them which leads to stupid mistakes.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
          The accidental cut rule is there for a reason, Agbeko never got injured by the fouls to the point a Dr. would allow the fight to go to the cards or not go to the cards early on.

If you get an accidental cut and it is after the 4th round plus the fight is in doubt then you could possibly ask a guy to throw caution to the wind but a guy knowing their situation making a calm cool and rational decision, to me isn't a minus.

I like it when fighters can keep a cool head and not let the moment get the best of them which leads to stupid mistakes.
          So you must've agree with the way Campbell got out of the fight with Bradley??To me that don't look good and just always leaves me looking at the fighter who called it quits with question marks..

Comment

So you must've agree with the way Campbell got out of the fight with Bradley??To me that don't look good and just always leaves me looking at the fighter who called it quits with question marks..
            It is boxing it happens, it isn't fun to watch but it is an acceptable outcome if a guy feels a foul or accident doesn't allow them to be at their best. I have no real issue with it as long as a guy isn't completely feigning injury.

Keep in mind against Klassen which was Guerrero's next fight he fought on with a pretty bad cut, I am sure he didn't want two fights in a row to end like that just based on how it looks and what people were saying.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
              You know what? I can see people after this fight if Guerrero wins he's not gonna get credit for this fight. Someone mentioned Aydin has looked limited when he steps up in competition. And that's the same thing they will say if Guerrero wins. "It's not a good win cause Aydin is very limited."
              This is what I've been saying. People will say, "He beat a nobody in Aydin, now he wants Mayweather?!". Especially if he crushes him. And, if it's a challenge, "Guererro looks like **** at 147."

Comment

That was a great way to hype up the fight. I'm really looking forward to it after seeing that.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                  Golden Boy publicist Monica Sears.

Is he the same guy who got up and rang the bell himself when one of his fighters was getting his ass kicked?
                  Ya thats Oner started a scrap another time aswell at ringside and other stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Imatroll View Post
                    I nearly jizzed myself. Can't wait for this fight.
                    Looks like Aydin's indicating "breaking" Guerrero's Jaw. What a gangster.

War Aydin!
                    Your boy should have played possum like he has been doing leading up to this...he just guaranteed himself a beating tonight. I personally invite you to join the Robert Guerrero "G-Unit" after this fight because Aydin will just storm out of the arena with an L on his record once the final bell rings and he has lost horribly on the cards. He might even get dropped once or twice as well along the way.

Comment

While I agree with everything in your post,it's gonna be up to Robert to pull this fight off..Aydin is the bigger man who's been at the weight longer,not to mention he seems like he is going to make Robert have to really fight for his space in the ring..I think we're going to find out a lot about Guerrero Sat night..

I still have questions about Guerrero anyway from that Yordan fight..That cut was not that bad,it also did not look good that he was getting his azz kick at the time as well...
                      The weird thing is Guerrero is actually bigger than Aydin is. He is taller and has him by 6 inches in reach which I feel is the key factor. Aydin fights in close and sits on his punches to get power. Guerrero is a technical boxer who has a very good jab and uses it very effectively. He is going to punish Aydin all night as the smaller, shorter fight struggles to get in to land his shots.

Guerrero is also a very calm, patient boxer while Aydin is very emotional and gets frustrated rather easily. Guerrero will likely take a few rounds to wear the rust off but he will rely heavily on the jab to keep Aydin at bay while he studies him. I'd say by rd 4, Guerrero will turn it on and really focus on countering Aydin. By the 7th round, Aydin will start to foul Guerrero due to frustration, making crucial mistakes leading to counter opportunities for Guerrero as well.

The Yordan fight meant nothing....the cut happened early before Guerrero could really get going and it was a bad cut with blood leaking directly in the eye. Yordan has since lost 2 of his last 6 fights...he is a very good boxer but would have lost that fight if Guerrero had not been cut and the fight had gone the distance.

Comment

Working...
                      X