Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is like the "averag" height of someone at 165?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SUPREME. View Post
    Sorry, don't mean to hijack this thread but what's the average height and reach for 141 lbs?
    Typical height about 5'9.. that's a deep division along with 132lbs...which the height is also average from 5'6-5'9..

Comment

Originally posted by .WaRCoTTo. View Post
      Ideally I'd say 5'11, but the odds have been defeated before obviously..

but for 178, 5'9 isn't ideal, we got a LHW who's 5'10 but this ****in guy hits like a truck, so he makes up for it..
      thanks....

i dont mind being the shorter guy....

i make up for it with punching power and stamina

but i could def make 165...

if it was a "day before the fight" weigh in i could make 150

but i think ive stoped growing and im probably only gonna get heavier...

Comment

Originally posted by ghns1133 View Post
        thanks....

i dont mind being the shorter guy....

i make up for it with punching power and stamina

but i could def make 165...

if it was a "day before the fight" weigh in i could make 150

but i think ive stoped growing and im probably only gonna get heavier...
        So you plan on being a brawler? that doesn't work in AM to good cuz of the 3x2 min rounds. I tell you if you wan't to fight LHW you have to bulk up even more lol.and lose all fat and cut weight even more then you would by dropping to 165. That isn't a good idea If you fighting AM you will do a lot of roadwork and cardio and lose weight naturally. You haven't even started training for a fight yet and when you do you will lose a lot of weight easily. Many people walk around with weight they don't know of. I'm 6'2 and am around 250 now due to a injury preventing me from training. I used to be 177 and was kind of "bulky". Sometimes i would ballon 20 Lbs but would lose the weight naturally by doing a lot of cardio . Even if you don't look "fat" you have some extra pounds you can drop being you are 5'9 and I am assuming not juicing ^^.

Comment

believe it or not, 5 pounds can be cut by drinking 1 1/2 gallons of water every day for a week/weeks and going to work on the tread mill. That way you will be make your body lose a lot of weight.

Comment

ok...

but i thought i might gain cause i lost a bunch recently and im on a strick diet and doing seious yoga for therapy im lighter than i was years ago when i was shorter andin fighting shape.(i know the difference between fighting weight and walk around weight)

im telling u man i heve low bodyfat and not nearly as much muscle as when im trainngim jsutnaturaly stucky and square built...

Comment

Impossible to say what average is even if we are talking about the regular everyday person. When you talk about average weight for whatever height it's different for everybody. Some people have long upper bodies and short lower bodies and vice versa, some guys are tall but have short arms. Everyone's build is different.

Still, average doesn't apply to athletes. According to the body mass index, every NFL Running Back is an obese fat-ass, but the reality is they are some of the strongest, quickest, fastest and healthiest athletes in the world and a lot of them are jacked out of their minds.

It's all about finding a weight where you feel healthy and comfortable and you'll figure what that is will time and some trial and error. Fuck a chart or what is "average" just go with what feels right.

Just my take.
              Last edited by Jack3d; 08-31-2011, 11:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mohammedini View Post
                believe it or not, 5 pounds can be cut by drinking 1 1/2 gallons of water every day for a week/weeks and going to work on the tread mill. That way you will be make your body lose a lot of weight.
                i think im a lean as im gonna get..

i drink about a gallon, or more, a day of water

i eat less than 30 carbs a day and avoid all saturated fats...

andeat 5 small meals a day...

i also do yoga 5 times a weak ansd sweat my ass off for 2 hours and burn somwere between 400 and1000 calories...

my walkaround weight is like 185(not fat looking at all) and im 165 right now with very little body fat and not nearly as much muscle as i have when in training...

im not doing road work but thats why im doing the yoga to stay in shape while im injured

im serious about getting in the right shape for competition just my body wont get to a weight very low unless i dehyrate myself like crazy then i wouldnt be able to fight to the best of my ability....

thank you though for your tips and information

i appreciate it

ill jsut have to see how much i lose or gain once i get back into trainng

Comment

Originally posted by Jack3d View Post
                  Impossible to say what average is even if we are talking about the regular everyday person. When you talk about average weight for whatever height it's different for everybody. Some people have long upper bodies and short lower bodies and vice versa, some guys are tall but have short arms. Everyone's build is different.

Still, average doesn't apply to athletes. According to the body mass index, every NFL Running Back is an obese fat-ass, but the reality is they are some of the strongest, quickest, fastest and healthiest athletes in the world and a lot of them are jacked out of their minds.

It's all about finding a weight where you feel healthy and comfortable and you'll figure what that is will time and some trial and error. Fuck a chart or what is "average" just go with what feels right.

Just my take.
                  thanks...

i was just curious about how tall some of the guys at 165 and 78 are in general.

Comment

Originally posted by ghns1133 View Post
                    thanks...

i was just curious about how tall some of the guys at 165 and 78 are in general.
                    have you ever KO'd someone in sparring? or rocked them badly? are you really so confident in your power to finish your opponents within 3x2 min rounds? how is your speed? also almost every Am fighters fight to win a clear dec cuz finish is very hard within 3x2, so expect to get jabbed to death and chase them around ring

Comment

Originally posted by Mohammedini View Post
                      have you ever KO'd someone in sparring? or rocked them badly? are you really so confident in your power to finish your opponents within 3x2 min rounds? how is your speed? also almost every Am fighters fight to win a clear dec cuz finish is very hard within 3x2, so expect to get jabbed to death and chase them around ring
                      never ko'd someone in sparring cause my trainer has me back of when i hurt them...

im not some dumba$$ deluded kid or a brawlier with no skill...

i can jab my way in and move my head and slip jabs...

i practice cutting of the ring religiously and work onmy boxing skills just as much as anything else.

and i have fast hands.
                      Last edited by ghns1133; 08-31-2011, 05:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X