Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What workouts make me punch harder and faster?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What workouts make me punch harder and faster?

Well like the title says i want to workout to punch harder and faster also

is there any specific workouts that give me more power in my punch especially my straight right

any help is appreciated

Originally posted by makavilli View Post
    Well like the title says i want to workout to punch harder and faster also

is there any specific workouts that give me more power in my punch especially my straight right

any help is appreciated

well, since ur question is VERY general, i'll have to say hit a heavy bag, do alot of pushups and pullups, and do plyometrics, as well as roadwork, speedbag, double end bag, SPAR! etc. so, short answer : BOX
    also wouldnt hurt to lift some weights here and there. make ur hands fast too cuz with speed comes power

Comment

should i do heavy weights with small reps or would that make me slow?

Comment

Originally posted by makavilli View Post
        should i do heavy weights with small reps or would that make me slow?
        i do heavy weights with low reps, and light weight with high reps as well. u gotta do a bit of eveything to be complete. just dont put priority on lifting weights, if ur tryin to fight. if u lift too much, yea u will be slow and bulky. i lift 2 days a week, one day heavy with low reps, one day light with high reps. mix it up, make sure ur liftin doesnt impede on ur skill training

Comment

There's a thread about heavier gloves. Read that.

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=133389

And that's what I say is the answer. I know for a fact my power and handspeed jumped big time after putting in lots of work on a 125lb wearing 20oz gloves.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedKillz View Post
            well, since ur question is VERY general, i'll have to say hit a heavy bag, do alot of pushups and pullups, and do plyometrics, as well as roadwork, speedbag, double end bag, SPAR! etc. so, short answer : BOX
            also wouldnt hurt to lift some weights here and there. make ur hands fast too cuz with speed comes power
            also the sledgehammer tire method builds punching power - hitting a tire with as heavy a sledgehammer as u can find

Comment

just hit the heavy bag for 3 rounds as hard and fast as you can and pretty soon it will just start to come naturally

Comment

the hand spped thing... try jerkin off faster than usual...the power thing...power ur born with like good vocal cords for singin...dont listen to these morons whatever power u got thats all ur gonna have.... everybody is a ****en scientist,,and will try to sell u anything.....

Comment

heavy bag,heavy bag,heavy bag.

Comment

i knew tupac would return!

Comment

Working...
                    X