No announcement yet.

Mayweather pacquiao problem may be solved

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mayweather pacquiao problem may be solved

According to Michael Marley of Examiner.com, the Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Manny Pacquiao bout is breathing new life. Marley reports that Pacquiao’s promoter Bob Arum said that he’s willing to meet with Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer next week, as well as the attorneys for Pacquiao and Golden Boy, and see if he can work something out. As things stand now, Pacquiao is going to be starting training next week with trainer Freddie Roach at the Wild Card Gym, in Los Angeles.

Marley states that Arum doesn’t seem as excited about a potential bout between World Boxing Association light middleweight champion Yuri Foreman and Pacquiao compared to before. That’s not surprising, because few boxing fans seem all that interested in paying to see Pacquiao fight the little known Foreman.

Marley says that Arum is open to meeting with judge Weinstein, the same judge who assisted in mediation with Top Rank and Golden Boy Promotions in the past. “Something could be bubbling,” Arum says, hinting that there would be some movement between the hard-line stances between the parties of the two fighters Pacquiao and Mayweather.
    As of now, the sticking point is over the random blood tests for drugs that Mayweather wants for the fight to take place. Arum says, “Our first priority, before any fight with anybody, is to clear Manny’s name. Would that be through an apology? I don’t want to get into that.”
    This is very interesting. Would Mayweather be willing to make a public apology to Pacquiao about the drug using allegations? I don’t know if I can see Mayweather doing that, but then again he stands to make a lot of money if he did apologize. If it meant getting the fight back on track, and having Pacquiao’s lawsuit for defamation dropped, Mayweather would stand to gain a heck of a lot by doing a bit of groveling.
    Arum continues, “I will say that, if they [Golden Boy Promotions CEO Schaefer, Mayweather, and the attorneys from both sides] to meet in front of judge Weinstein on Monday, Tuesday or any day, then we are willing to listen. If some mediation occurs, and I don’t know if it will, then we would have to listen to that.” This sounds very promising. Arum also said that ‘Rumblings” about mediation were given to him by Daniel Petrocelli, the lawyer for Pacquiao.

This fight will get made. Seriously, this is something they can get over. This is something they BETTER ****ING get over.

Comment

Lets hope this gets done ASAP. Heres a couple options

1. A test done before the press tour, a test done 30 days before the fight, a test done 10 days before the fight and a test done right after the fight.

2. No Olympic testing and No Floyd 1lb $10 million demand.

3. No testing and Floyd gets 55% and Manny 45%. Not realistic but if Manny wants to have another advantage I bet Floyd would be willing to let manny on anything as long as he makes another 2million.

Comment

these 2 jerk-offs better get the fight on,this is getting old.

Comment

Not to start a bizarre trolling session ......

But, did Floyd verbally state that Pacman was using roids??????
          Or, did he just state that he wants Olympic testing.

In any case - Arum and everybody else involved see the Millions upon Millions of dollars going out the window and are coming to their senses.

I agree with 'SkillspayBills' ..... Get the fight on and squash all this noise.

Comment

Originally posted by arraamis View Post
            Not to start a bizarre trolling session ......

But, did Floyd verbally state that Pacman was using roids??????
            Or, did he just state that he wants Olympic testing.

In any case - Arum and everybody else involved see the Millions upon Millions of dollars going out the window and are coming to their senses.

I agree with 'SkillspayBills' ..... Get the fight on and squash all this noise.
            Nearly all comments made were subject to opinion.If Manny cannot show his reputation amongst the sports scene is damaged (most are still fans of Manny),or his future potential earnings from fights will be hurt (keep in mind,at this moment he has 3 fight options with bradley,malignaggi,and foreman),then he has no case-better just to compromise and fight Mayweather....

Comment

Originally posted by boxaholic View Post
              Lets hope this gets done ASAP. Heres a couple options

1. A test done before the press tour, a test done 30 days before the fight, a test done 10 days before the fight and a test done right after the fight.

2. No Olympic testing and No Floyd 1lb $10 million demand.

3. No testing and Floyd gets 55% and Manny 45%. Not realistic but if Manny wants to have another advantage I bet Floyd would be willing to let manny on anything as long as he makes another 2million.
              I like your ideas actually, after reading them a few times. 55 % and 45 % is really something that could make the fight.. I know Pacquiao wants just as much, but if he is not willing to do a blood test, then.....

Comment

the problem can be solved when floyd stops acting like a *****.

Comment

Originally posted by aether View Post
                  the problem can be solved when floyd stops acting like a *****.
                  Or when he realizes that he has everything to gain in this fight

Comment

Working...
                  X