Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think of Adrien Broner vs Mikey Garcia in July?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mikey is just flat out more skilled. He is the better fighter but the wild card is the weight. How will going up effect Mikey and will broner even make weight regardless what they agree on. I'm taking Garcia regardless the weight broner has been regressing for years lost to every good fighter he's faced since moving up from 135. He's also struggled with B and C class fighters at 140 and 147. His last decent win was against an old Paulie who even in his prime wasn't all that. And that win was razor tight.

Comment

Why not Broner vs. Crawford?

Both are the same size.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom . View Post
        Why not Broner vs. Crawford?

Both are the same size.
        That's an OK fight. Seems even more one-sided than this one though.

Comment

I saw Broner last Sunday at Liv in Miami. He is out of control. He was drinking but not heavily. But he danced on a VIP couch alone with barely anyone near him for like 4 straight hours, even before the place got packed. I think he was on drugs. He also looked fat.

Grinding out debatable decisions against guys like Granados is actually pretty impressive for him in his current state. Mikey Garcia, or anyone close to that level destroys Broner. He's done as meaningful fighter and has been for a while.

Comment

What the hell happened to Garcia-Linares?

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
              What the hell happened to Garcia-Linares?
              Probably because Mikey has been working with Shaefer and Linares is with Golden Boy.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
                That's an OK fight. Seems even more one-sided than this one though.
                Broner is much bigger than Garcia, although Garcia is the far superior boxer.

I'd sooner see fights between boxers who are the same size.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom . View Post
                  Broner is much bigger than Garcia, although Garcia is the far superior boxer.

I'd sooner see fights between boxers who are the same size.
                  Fair enough. I don't know what Garcia personally wants to do weight wise but while he's at 135 he's got Linares and Easter Jr, those are great options.

Comment

**** yes, 2017 is a great year for boxing. Broner is still a live dog, good chin and counter punches well so he'll put up a good fight if Mikey comes forward. We'll see how his power carries up too.

Comment

Working...
                    X