Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who do you think is the best boxing promoter right now?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post

but I meant to say the last time. the fact that he chose to exploit an important part of his roster for an HBO ''deadline'' in having his Welter fight a Middleweight and crack a part of his skull's eye socket gets no credit as ''best'' promoter atm.. the Porter to GGG bout nulled itself wouldn't you agree?

Oscar still the dude over Hearn any day

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
      Aha got him.. While Dela Hoya is putting on GGG vs Canelo which is the biggest fight of the year.. We can't forget that he also put on Khan/Canelo, Smith/Canelo and the worst stinker I seen this year Chaves/Ginger.

Comment

Originally posted by Cgarcia View Post
        Hearn is only good at promoting his fighters locally. Most of them are not globally known. He doesn't even have to promote them. It's a small country half the size of California.
        AJ is one of the most popular fighters in the world now.. Going by his social media following, he has way more fans on social media than Canelo.

He has never fought in the US but Hearn has still got him a contract with Showtime in the US and both HBO and Showtime aired his last fight.. No other fighter in history has been able to get a contact and be shown on 2 different networks without even fighting in that country.

Comment

Becoming like Darts?

I started watching boxing around time of Frank Bruno, Nigel Benn and can only remember Warren but I think in hindsight before tinterweb a lot of his opponents were classic roadsweepers and unless you were a hardcore boxing fan you didn't really know. His tactic just like now seems to be to build a fighter slowly and milk a title whereas Hearn will take more risks HOWEVER

I see a situation like darts where PDC has the elite and BDO the grass roots and in terms of TV value I think box nation is better than paying 40 quid a month for sky and ppv as I only really like boxing and a little darts but I love watching boxing on sky as the presentation is top notch but the rivalry does remind me so much of darts

I think where Warren goes wrong is people now aren't too bothered about long reigns, Calzaghe was 46-0 was it and great fighter but I found him dull to watch sometimes same with Flanagan etc but you can see how he builds fighters whereas Eddie I think now is concerned with end product but great time to be a boxing fan now though

Comment

Originally posted by NahMean View Post
            Aha got him.. While Dela Hoya is putting on GGG vs Canelo which is the biggest fight of the year.. We can't forget that he also put on Khan/Canelo, Smith/Canelo and the worst stinker I seen this year Chaves/Ginger.
            Porter isn't a GBP fighter. And GBP stole Crolla's fans twice. Oscar still the king!

Comment

Originally posted by Mirko Troll Cop View Post
              I know. Warren didn't promote Smith in Texas...

I'm saying when did you say Hearn go to American soil and raise his fighter's hand beating a statesider?

Like I said, Oscar is a gee!

The particular question in the poll was which promoter has put on the best fights so far this year.

And if we look at that. Then it has to be Eddie Hearn. Key point being "so far this year"

Joshua-Klitschko

Brook-Spence coming up

Which promoter so far this year has put up better fights than those fights?

Comment

Originally posted by The Time View Post
                The particular question in the poll was which promoter has put on the best fights so far this year.

And if we look at that. Then it has to be Eddie Hearn. Key point being "so far this year"

Joshua-Klitschko

Brook-Spence coming up

Which promoter so far this year has put up better fights than those fights?
                For u to say Spence Brook is no different than mentioning Brook GGG. So if Brook loses again and by how... you're saying "Brook" is a proper fighter to mention on Hearn's efforts?

Comment

Originally posted by Mirko Troll Cop View Post
                  For u to say Spence Brook is no different than mentioning Brook GGG. So if Brook loses again and by how... you're saying "Brook" is a proper fighter to mention on Hearn's efforts?

Joshua-Klitschko & Brook-Spence

vs.

Canelo-Chavez Jr. & Canelo-Golovkin

We already know the Canelo- Chavez Jr. PPV was the worst PPV in a long time. The fight was horrible.

So between these four fights and promoters, which one had/has the better fights?

GBP has 1 in Canelo-Golovkin

Hearn has 2 in Joshua-Klitschko and Brook-Spence

See what I mean

And again, we're just talking about this year, not overall. The question in the poll was so far this year.
                  Last edited by The Time; 05-13-2017, 08:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Time View Post
                    Joshua-Klitschko & Brook-Spence

vs.

Canelo-Chavez Jr. & Canelo-Golovkin

We already know the Canelo- Chavez Jr. PPV was the worst PPV in a long time. The fight was horrible.

So between these four fights and promoters, which one had/has the better fights?

GBP has 1 in Canelo-Golovkin

Hearn has 2 in Joshua-Klitschko and Brook-Spence

See what I mean

And again, we're just talking about this year, not overall. The question in the poll was so far this year.
                    Again.. lol

How do you casually leave out Linares vs Crolla? I don't remember UK commentary raving about Crolla, more like the complete opposite.

Comment

It's all geographical. There's a shift in the popularity of boxing from US to the UK, but it doesn't mean that a Mexican fighter should go and sign with Eddie Hearn. Their best bet is GBP or Top Rank. Likewise, a UK fighter should sign with Eddie Hearn because there's nothing an American based promoter can really do for them.

UK boxing is better than US boxing right now, in terms of popularity, which in turn makes Hearn look like the best choice. But let's say me as a Hispanic, if I was a pro, it wouldn't be wise to sign with Hearn, it'd be wise to sign with Arum/DLH/Haymon.

Comment

Working...
                      X